No announcement yet.

age requirments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harve, we limit by financial necessity. There are certain regulations in Indiana that require the Township Trustee to provide x amount of insurance and y amount of stipends for clothing and gas for an all-volunteer fire department.

We have contracted (shrunk) from 29 to 26ish because the money is not there to fuel the trucks, pay the lights,make the truck payments, do up keep on the trucks and provide the required token pay to the troops.

That is why we created the senior reserves; to increase the number of vollies without having to completely cut loose valuable resources.

We do fundraisers, but the State Board of Accounts trims more fat out of everyones budget every year....I think we are about anorexic(sp?) by now.
    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Comment

Ok...........

Bob, Thank You. I understand "The System" and it actually makes sense to me. However I think it is a very sad way to do business. But on the other hand, if that is what the Community wants, or feels is right for them, so be it......
      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
      In memory of
      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Huh??...........

Originally posted by PaladinKnight View Post
        You really need to listen to what Harve states here.
        Besides, he set a whole new standard as to feeding and watering the horses along with fixing the broken wagon axles.

Chief, you were doing OK until you got to this part..............
        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
        In memory of
        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
          Chief, you were doing OK until you got to this part..............
          Harve... I feel fine. But I do appreciate your concern.

I wouldn't think of denying you the credit you deserve.

We should all take a lesson from what you have done.

It has been my good fortune to learn from your vast knowledge sir.
          HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Do you think a required retirement age could be considered illegal? Maybe age discrimination.

Comment

At my department, 14 to join as a Jr. member. If you join as a Jr, your on probation till your 18 and have all your training.

We have no retire age. We have no members over the age of 60 that ride the piece's. Were actually struggling for members...
              Firefighter 1/ PA EMT-B

Comment

Originally posted by HAFD112 View Post
                Do you think a required retirement age could be considered illegal? Maybe age discrimination.
                I believe it is done in many places and would not.
                I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by Picc.93Truck View Post
                  At my department, 14 to join as a Jr. member. If you join as a Jr, your on probation till your 18 and have all your training.

We have no retire age. We have no members over the age of 60 that ride the piece's. Were actually struggling for members...
                  you guys seem to run a tight outfit down there, nice apparatus, nice firehouse, nice gear...I ran into 1 of your guys out at the fire academy last week...bob aulisio? older guy..ground the gears on the new engine they have out there..I thought to myself..typical truckie lol..but yea, esp. since you guys have a truck and lackawanna county does box alarms I would use the call volume thing as a selling point. I don't volly just to train, or wash the trucks, and fund raise..I wanna go play sometime.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X