Fire Dept Insurance Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Dept Insurance Companies

Would like some info on two insurance companies we may get to quote our next premium. One company is ESIP and the other is Philadelphia Insurance. Pros and Cons please. i.e. late claims, poor customer service, training programs offered, etc.

Hmmm.........

Never heard of them. (That's not a bad thing) We use VFIS of York, Pa. for our Insurance......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Don't hold me to it, but I think ESIP is an underwritten package sold by agencies locally. We use an agent from Donnely Insurance and the package we have is designed for Volunteer Departments. Bonuses for no claims, premiums reduced or returned based on claim percentages, etc. The ESIP group has a nice training group that comes as a part of the package. Like I said I am no expert by a long shot, but finding a good agent you trust and would offer ESIP insurance is a good start.

Comment

ESIP would be my choice, but there is VFIS.

Comment

Around here it is normally either VFIS or Provident.

Comment

Insurance?

VFIS here. Our agent is very nice, seems knowledgeable, and very easy to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
              Never heard of them. (That's not a bad thing) We use VFIS of York, Pa. for our Insurance......

What my Brother has said!
              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Utica Mutual. A number of local firefighters on staff.
                Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Bump,
                  We have received quotes back for our renewal and ESIP and VFIS are the top two. We are currently with VFIS, and need to hear some good/bad about ESIP. I like the fact that ESIP provides free training videos and book libraries. Let me know what you guys/gals have experienced.

Comment

Insurance

We just renewed our Fire District Insurance....ESIP had a very good proposal and I voted for it but was eventually was given to ICRIMP. The reason being that we have had and used their company in the past and had a very good relationship with them...plus they are local in Idaho.
                    Respectfully,
                    Jay Dudley
                    Retired Fire
                    Background Investigator
                    IACOJ-Member
                    Lifetime Member CSFA
                    IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Thanks Dudley
                      Now come on guys, its not like I can get info on these companies from just anybody. I need some pros/cons.

Comment

Well.........

Like I said, we use VFIS and are happy with them. They seem to be very committed to the Fire Service and their local agent is usually attending our County Vol. Fire/Rescue Association meetings, etc..... A strong point for me is that if you have a piece of apparatus damaged in an accident, they tell you to get it fixed. Period. They then take it from there. They have a "Let's Get it back in service now" Attitude.......
                        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                        In memory of
                        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

We use ESIP all claims are handled very fast without complicated forms to use. A lot depends on the agent, a godd agent helps with the insurance issues that may come up.

Comment

ESIP or VFIS. My only issue with VFIS is they cancelled us on the word of an idiot adjuster. We had two claims in a year, one for a burst pipe in the station, the second for hail damage to our roof.

We had not completed the repairs from the burst pipe, admittedly it had taken too long to get done, but we were moving on it. There was a small amount of mold, which was the only reason we even made the claim. (A burst pipe we just fix and walk on) The adjuster started babbling that the mold was because we had not noticed the roof having problems, and leaking water must have caused the mold.

From a roof that NEVER leaked. NEVER.

They dropped us like a hot potato. P*ssed me off.

Now, a number of years ago, the took care of us on a claim soon after we first used them, and they did so in a tremendous fashion. Wally Williamson who was our agent came down and helped me sift through a pile of ashes to recover airpacks after a fire had destroyed the building they were stored in. These were old demand valve packs, that had been donated. I told him they were old and nowhere near standard, and he insisted that we had replacement cost coverage. Thats what they paid.

Firepak? Don't get me started.

Comment

Looking at ESIP just the fact that they provide free training and they have a book/video library impressed me. VFIS charges $50 per video/class. You would think that any loss prevention tool would be free to their customers, it only helps their bottom line. Thanks for the responses so far.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X