Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POV Vehicle

Hey guys/gals, new here.

Post up what kind of equipment you have on your POV vehicle. Light bar, siren, speaker, extra lights, etc. Picutres/ Videos are welcome as well.

Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

(list)
      Bearcat 30-channel VHF scanner programmed with same frequencies as my portable.
      (/list)

"I've met lots of volunteer firefighters, but I've never seen a volunteer fire!"
      - R. MacLeod, Alma VFD

Comment

Why is this the subject that nobody can seem to talk about???

Comment

Originally posted by FireRescue61 View Post
          Forget that, I want to know why this is a topic constantly brought up by people with a single-digit post count?

Comment

Originally posted by emt161 View Post
            Forget that, I want to know why this is a topic constantly brought up by people with a single-digit post count?
            Sorry that im new here? If this thread has already been made please direct me to it, im just curious. Im from texas where we're allowed all the bells and whistles on our POV, i was just kinda wondering what everybody else on here has thats all.

Comment

FF 21, try looking here.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...ght=pov+lights

I can't answer your question specifically 'cuz pov lights\siren are illegal here.

Personally I don't like the idea. Modifying your vehicle can lower it's value plus it's just another liability when we already have too many. High risk, little gain. If you live further from the firehouse and often miss out on calls well, that's just the way it is.

I have a personalized firefighter license plate with my firefighter designator as the plate #. It is useful for instances such as where I have to respond to an incident in my POV and access is blocked by law enforcement.

The forum search is useful but reading old forums doesn't necessarily answer current questions.

There is no such thing as a dumb question. Regardless of what some folks in here say. Don't let the bullies in here deter you from using this site. There are helpful folks and good info here.
              My wise and profound comments and opinions are mine alone and are in no way associated with any other individual or group.

Comment

Because there are too many people here that think because they don't need it, nobody needs it. Therefore the topic spirals into anarchy within 2 or 3 replies. There is nothing anyone can do about it.
                Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

I had the same thought... this must be a hot topic in some corners of the world.
                  I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

It is much like the train wreck with mass casualties....

You don't want to look but you can't look away.

Everyone has an opinion on this. I don't think the majority are against use of bells and whistles, it just seems that way.

I don't like them and don't allow them. But that is just me. I don't expect to change your mind. Don't let the guys like me try to influence your decision. I just try to make you think about it.
                    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

Dodge ram, NOVA dual strobe mini bar on top (360 rule) Whelen tir3 in grille, SVP 100 watt 3tone with a Sho-me speaker. All lights are red, in Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by HAFD112 View Post
                        Dodge ram, NOVA dual strobe mini bar on top (360 rule) Whelen tir3 in grille, SVP 100 watt 3tone with a Sho-me speaker. All lights are red, in Michigan.
                        Cool. Thanks for actually contributing to the thread.

Pictures with post would be awesome too!

Comment

Using the SEARCH function would be even more awesome. That way you could get the answer to your question in one of the other 3498948593475893745 posts about this whackerific topic.

Comment

Using the SEARCH function would be even more awesome. That way you could get the answer to your question in one of the other 3498948593475893745 posts about this whackerific topic.

ahh cooll thanks man!

Comment

Because it is the least important aspect to volunteer firefighting.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X