Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia?

I'll keep this short.

In the months ahead I may be moving up to virginia to help my father-n-law run a printing company. It is in henrico county, Are there any volunteer companys near there when I say near I mean within 100 miles? If so what are they like, do they do EMS, ect

Also what is virginia like in general?

If I do this I will have to give up being a career ff, But I will be happy with being a volunteer.

Thanks
    Get the first line into operation.

There are COUNTLESS volunteer stations within 100 miles of Henrico. Hell, there are probably 30 VFD's within ten miles of the county's boundaries. As with anywhere, some are busy, some are slow, some are well run, and others need some new leadership. It all depends on what you're looking for. Do you want to volunteer in a rural area or suburban? A volly-county, or in an combination system? No matter what you want, you'll be able to find it.

We have a lot of guys that are on the job with me that volunteer on thier off days. There's not a bunch of volunteer/union bashing, and most of the volunteer operations near the Richmond area are pretty well respected. A majority of them do EMS, at least at the first responder level.

Are you planning on living in Henrico, or one of the nearby localities?

Virginia's a great place to live, especially in the Richmond area. Two hours to the beach, two hours the mountains, all kinds of weather, lots of history, lots of stuff to do with the family. I was born and raised in the area, I volunteer in the area, and work in the area.

If you want any specifics, let me know.
    Last edited by BoxAlarm187; 08-09-2010, 09:24 AM.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Everything BoxAlarm said and more!!

Volunteers houses [aka - companies, are always looking for good members to join]

Check out this site as well ---->>> http://www.virginia.org/
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Next question, Do y'all know anything about reciprocity for EMS I am a Ga EMT-I 85

Thanks
        Get the first line into operation.

Comment

Originally posted by L-Webb View Post
          Thanks for the responses.

Next question, Do y'all know anything about reciprocity for EMS I am a Ga EMT-I 85

Thanks

Check this site -> http://www.vdh.state.va.us/OEMS/Regulations/noira.htm

You may have to look around and also they have a telephone number which you can call and talk direct with someone who can tell you the procedure and policy.
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...