SAVEOURVOLUNTEERFIREFIGHTERS .ORG Establishes Straight Talk Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L-Webb View Post
    What was that in the road a pile of trash?
    Yes.

The dumped the garbage truck's load on the highway when it caught fire. They then had the garbage truck owner bring a loader to the scene to deal with the pile.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
      All of them. Even the ones you don't deem necessary because of your fire problem.

I'm sure they will never asked to respond to a locale other than their own given their limited skillset.
      We run mutual aid all the time.

In fact yesterday we responded mutual aid into the city for a residential structure fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
        We run mutual aid all the time.

In fact yesterday we responded mutual aid into the city for a residential structure fire.
        A scary proposition.

Thanks for the heads up.
        They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
          A scary proposition.

Thanks for the heads up.
          And we also covered a station with another company.

We did all this while having 8 volunteers working a wildland fire in another part of our parish.

Pretty scary that a bunch of dumb volunteers could handle all that at once, huh?

The really scary part was that we still had 8 or 9 standing by for calls in our area.

Comment

And that's the key point in the discussion. Your department appears to define a "fully trained" firefighter as someone who may only posses basic, entry level training. However, that is clearly not what a "fully trained" firefighter actually is or should be.

So then, exactly what is fully trained. FFII? Driver/Operator? Technical rescue skills? Which ones?

Fully trained is defined by the department unless there are specific state standards. and even then, one could debate that a specific skill may be needed in a specific department based on local conditions to be "fully trained".

We define our initial training as fully trained. Training beyond that is advanced, optional training.
            Hence the importance of those pesky certification things.

Sorry, but nobody without a good bit of prior experience will be "very well prepared" to be a (interior capable) firefighter after only 60 hours of training.

Fully disagree as the system there has worked for well over 25 years, and is now the training standard for 4, not only my previous, departments.
            Your system may be working according to "local standards", but how does it compare to industry standard?

If you think 60 hours is enough time to create a "very well prepared" interior capable firefighter out of someone with no experience, then we clearly don't share the same definition of what being "very well prepared" is.

Comment

And we also covered a station with another company.

We did all this while having 8 volunteers working a wildland fire in another part of our parish.

Pretty scary that a bunch of dumb volunteers could handle all that at once, huh?

The really scary part was that we still had 8 or 9 standing by for calls in our area.
              According to you. All we have is your word for it. Which doesn't mean much.
              They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X