X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I overreacting?

to clear things up ill say, never mind, it was resolved
    Last edited by Scorpio; 08-08-2010, 12:14 AM.

Yep overreacting keep doing what what you are doing,Somebody will notice sooner or later that you can handle your duties as long as you dont blow your own horn.

Comment

Yes, you are overreacting.

Am I missing something??? Is it the color of the gear that's different? Is that all??? Is it the helmet? Is it unsafe?

Stop whining, there are departments where EMS guys have zero turnouts. Zip, nada, zilch.
      I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
        Yes, you are overreacting.

Am I missing something??? Is it the color of the gear that's different? Is that all??? Is it the helmet? Is it unsafe?

Stop whining, there are departments where EMS guys have zero turnouts. Zip, nada, zilch.
        i'm not even gonna bother ranting about all the [email protected] thats been done. and no it's not only the f*cking gear, its plenty of other [email protected] I just need to realize people are c.unts and I can act the same way back

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
          i'm not even gonna bother ranting about all the [email protected] thats been done. and no it's not only the f*cking gear, its plenty of other [email protected] I just need to realize people are c.unts and I can act the same way back
          With an attitude like that, how much success do you expect? I'd like to hear the other side of this story.
          Career Fire Captain
          Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

f*uck it. never mind
            Didn't get the response you were looking for, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by emt161 View Post
              Didn't get the response you were looking for, eh?
              hahha nahh, way to much to type up, before i had like at least 3 paragraphs of ranting that could have just gone on and on (honestly it was boring/p***ing me off when I was typing it) and this guy brings up one thing out of all of it and I was going to respond by telling him even more. it was late last night and i just realized who gives a f*ck about what hes telling me. All that I had written before was just a couple of issues, and my thoughts stayed around one topic that had happened at the dept. which got me aggravated, while in reality there were many others that i neglected to write about. And when the one guy pulled the main point out i got ****ed in that he technically doesn't know half the cr*p that happened, but it was my fault for not explaining more important issues, but last night i realized i didn't want to get in specifics because then I'd be just bashing my dept. (even though they deserve it to an extent). so in the end i just thought w/e
              Last edited by Scorpio; 08-07-2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

You can't always get what you want.

If it's such a horrible place, quit.
                I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
                  You can't always get what you want.

If it's such a horrible place, quit.
                  you need to be more considerate of people. end of story. lets just stop it here. like i said, the gear was one thing that i didn't get, you dont know half the story so just stop

i mean honestly, i do understand i can't get what i want, which is okay, but i probably should have explained more of the situation then just that. And I wouldn't just leave because of all this crap, I actually like the job and i enjoy helping the people i meet, i just deserved recognition for everything i've done for the entire membership, even if that is selfish. but whatever, life's life
                  Last edited by Scorpio; 08-07-2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

you dont know half the story so just stop
                    Well, considering your refuse to tell us half the story and just curse up and down about how horrible you have it, what do you expect. Go away or calm down and explain what your problem is. Pick one.
                    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

you need to be more considerate of people. end of story. lets just stop it here. like i said, the gear was one thing that i didn't get, you dont know half the story so just stop

i mean honestly, i do understand i can't get what i want, which is okay, but i probably should have explained more of the situation then just that. And I wouldn't just leave because of all this crap, I actually like the job and i enjoy helping the people i meet, i just feel that i deserved some sort of recognition for everything i've done for the entire membership, even if that is selfish. but whatever, life's life
                      Well lets just call the papers and alert the media! Dude, the only recognition I want from anyone anywhere anytime IS from the membership. I work for them, to lead them, guide them, and protect them. As long as they apriciate what I do for them then to heck with everybody else. I didn't see the original post, so I don't know what the issues are that you are upset about. If you are truly here to get answers, guidance and advice I recommend stepping off and learn how to ask for what you want. Otherwise if you want to be a glory hog, go be a politician.
                      Matt G.
                      Battalion Chief
                      IACOJ-Member
                      FTM-PTB

Comment

i mean honestly, i do understand i can't get what i want, which is okay, but i probably should have explained more of the situation then just that. And I wouldn't just leave because of all this crap, I actually like the job and i enjoy helping the people i meet, i just feel that i deserved some sort of recognition for everything i've done for the entire membership, even if that is selfish. but whatever, life's life
                        Must suck to work someplace like that. I wouldn't last long. Too much self respect.

Comment

I have been a member of, and know departments that have to use turnouts and equipment that would make a department with a $20,000 a annual budget cringe.

Members who join and continue for years with such departments will always be looked at in a positive light for staying under adverse conditions. I know.

What you thought a membership in a volunteer department would be like is often nothing compared to what voluntary membership actually is.

Those who join with ideas of firefighting being 'cool' or glorifying are in for a surprise. It is often a thankless job and being a volunteer means you must be more dedicated.

Joining with the idea of being in gleaming new turnouts, scba, and on shiny new 'compliant' apparatus, is the dream of those with years of service of being in those old turnouts. They are the ones who deserve the new gear.

Be glad if you get approved for membership. You will get a lot more respect if you stay the course and be happy with what equipment you get.
                          Last edited by jam24u; 08-07-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Sounds like someone needs a hug.

Comment

Stay in school. Learn to write english. Learn that no one owes you anything. Quit being a crybaby.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X