Fed Q Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed Q Needed

Any departments out here have a spare Fed. Q they don't need? We put our Q on the new truck and it stopped working even before the truck went in service . If you do, let me know here or email me at [email protected]. Would be very grateful.

What did Federal Signal say about it?
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony4310 View Post
      Any departments out here have a spare Fed. Q they don't need? We put our Q on the new truck and it stopped working even before the truck went in service . If you do, let me know here or email me at [email protected]. Would be very grateful.

It may be there was a short in the siren or it was hooked up incorrectly.

Also it is possible that someone when they hooked in the electrical system is screwed up the computer that regulates that part of the system.

Have the siren checked by your auto shop or a company that works on generators and armatures,. The motor might be bad.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

As complex as electrical/electronic components and systems are on today's apparatus, I would have let the Manufacturer mount it and wire it- you could very well have voided the entire or a part of your electrical warranty. Might be worth looking into!!!!!!!
        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

We called em and haven't heard back,yet. The dealer that put it on said it is burned out. The truck dealer did mount it. It worked when it first went on.

Comment

We called em and haven't heard back,yet. The dealer that put it on said it is burned out. The truck dealer did mount it. It worked when it first went on.
            Don't bother mounting a new one until you know what happened to the old one.

The truck doesn't have a 24V starter system does it?
            Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

I do not believe so.

A local alternator shop that is run by a retired firefighter said they will look at it for 10 bucks and if the motor is bad,they have one on the shelf for 200 installed. The guy has rebuilt several. Someone had him call me a few ago about it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X