ISO Inspection Result Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Inspection Result Help

Greetings, We just completed an ISO inspection to lower our Fire Rating. I have searched the ISO Mitigation website and just cant figure out how we did (score) on our Water Shuttle fill and dump. Our mutual aid dept set up the fill site in 2:20 and we set up fire site in 2:31. The max distance we had to go between certified water points is 2 miles and our needed fire flow is 1750. I have the fill and dump times. Any helpful suggestions on figuring how we did would be greatly appreciated.

Good to hear from you farmer. Did your grant application get awarded?

Anyway what was your previous score? When it comes to ISO I have been told there is nothing written down that a department can use as a measuring tool. Kind of a mystery when getting to the bottom line. At least it used to be that way a couple years ago.

There is a website of a former ISO expert who contracts out to help departments and local governments to help lower insurance rates and also show how lowering their ISO rating can fund new apparatus. If I can find it I'll forward it to you.

Comment

Yeah, I have been monitoring the posts but just reading. We got our grant for the SCBA's and some other items, we have really been blessed. Our current rating is a 9E, since we have recently extended from a 5 to 6 mile district. I have been all over the isoslayer website trying to calculate results. And may I add what a website, it helped us tremendously prepare for the inspection. All paper work went good. I just dont know and the wait will kill me. Its like waitin' on AFG to begin awards in 09. HA!

Comment

http://isoslayer.com/Links.html

Comment

BigMike, I have been all over the isoslayer site as I stated what an asset it was to us. If you can find where to calculate it I would be appreciative.

Comment

Originally posted by farmerfire1156 View Post
            Greetings, We just completed an ISO inspection to lower our Fire Rating. I have searched the ISO Mitigation website and just cant figure out how we did (score) on our Water Shuttle fill and dump. Our mutual aid dept set up the fill site in 2:20 and we set up fire site in 2:31. The max distance we had to go between certified water points is 2 miles and our needed fire flow is 1750. I have the fill and dump times. Any helpful suggestions on figuring how we did would be greatly appreciated.
            I will try to assist... but you need to supply more data.

Water is the single most important criteria, but you have not supplied any data that is helpful. Before I can get close to what you can expect for a rating, I will need Apparatus and required ISO Inventory Estimates. I will need some idea of your dispatch (call handling) capability.

The dept has five minutes to set up the fireground and draft from alternative water supply (tankers dumping into porta pond). You state the fire site was set up in 2:31. Does this included setting the porta pond up, dumping tanker and with Engine drafting with at least one attack line deployed?

I need the number of tankers, including their capacity. You get credit for 90%.

I need the fill time and dump times for each tankers.

I need to know the gpm that refills the tankers, and the source.

I also need to know the dump times for each respective tanker.

So give me the Tanker ID, Capacity, fill time, dump time to start off.

What is the pump (gpm) rating of the fire ground engine? Is it capable of 1750 solo?

As I mentioned, Water Supply is the single most important criteria. You can have the best apparatus, but without a credible and certified water supply, your rating is not what you want. You simply cannot generate enough points without water. Even if you had a perfect score in the FD area, lack of water is measured against the FD score, which leads to a factor called divergence. This DF (Divergence Factor) is usually a negative number which indicates the measured differences between FD and Water scoring.

All I can do is calculate based on what you supply. I do not need the travel distance or times for tankers (ISO uses a pre-calculated time, with an additional fudge factor).

Send it to my email [email protected] or PM me here at FH. I cannot guarantee result of what I calculate.
            HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

What's with the E?

Maybe it has something to do with those mountains your in.

Shows you how much i know about it.

Comment

???????????????//

Oh... 9E.

Some States recognize 9E in a split class PPC. This is usually a rating given to an area greater than five miles from an Engine Company, but less than or equal to Six miles. This is the case in North Carolina, so perhaps this is the State.

Why? I don't know the answer.

Five miles is not within a four minute response time, and just barely inside an eight minute response time.

What is the difference? About four minutes.

This is similiar to the 8B class rating where you just barely break the 250gpm threshold.

Volunteers have a very hard time overcoming more than just water supply. There is that 3 to 1 ratio and staff level issue that eats a lot of points; 3 volunteers = 1 Fulltime
                Last edited by PaladinKnight; 07-27-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

*9E Apparently that is the new term for a 9 rating with an extended 6 mile district???? Atleast that's the rumor.

Comment

R u n nc?

From NCFM:

Class 9E applies to all other properties within the fire district, outside the 5 miles, but no more than 6 miles.
                    Last edited by PaladinKnight; 07-27-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Just sent you an email

Comment

ISO Slayer

If you would like you can contact us directly about our web site... www.isoslayer.com I would be glad to answer any questions you may have...., or you can contact me at [email protected], or at 970-749-9095
                        Sincerely,
                        David Doudy
                        ISO Slayer

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse