motorola monitor III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorola monitor III

What are yalls opinion about this type pager?

It's old....
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

I just got on with a department and this is what they gave me. Most all of the other members have the monitor iv

Comment

This is the kind I was given too. It gets the job done, eh? I doubt we could afford much better since the state cut our funding this year..

Comment

Had you done a search on this, you would have found the following :

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...minotor+pagers

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...minotor+pagers
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

thank you for that
            Last edited by WAX; 07-18-2010, 01:14 AM.

Comment

From what I have been told by the Radio Shop we will not be able to use the older pagers when the transition to the 700mhz system is complete. The newer Motorola pagers will work, but not the IV and older. They are doing away with the patch between the old 154.445mhz\900mhz, and going with the 700mhz system only.

Comment

its a pager

Comment

It has been known to make me almost go insane.

Ooops. Too late.

Comment

That is true the Minitor V is the only pager capable when the 2013 radio transition happens. Get in contact 911 coordinator about grants for the 2013 transition. We've applied so we can replace our old pagers and radios.

Comment

Originally posted by WAX View Post
                      I just got on with a department and this is what they gave me. Most all of the other members have the monitor iv
                      Does it go off when there is a call? If so, then it's fine.
                      It may not be the newest version but it gets the job done.

Many departments issue older equipment to their new members when they first join. An older pager, used gear, rubber boots..etc. We aren't going to buy new equipment for someone if we don't know if they're going to stick around. Once you get some time in, get through training, you may be issued newer items.

If you're new to the department there are probably more important things you should be focused on then pager envy (like TRAINING).
                      So you call this your free country
                      Tell me why it costs so much to live
                      -3dd

Comment

I think the Minitor II is better than both the 3 and 4.
                        Last edited by Rice09; 07-21-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I think you got screwed. This is clearly harassment and you should march right back in there and request, nay, DEMAND a brand new Minitor V, in box. If they don't give it to you, and new bunker gear too, I'd quit.

Seriously, dude, it's a pager. If it goes off and talks, it's good....
                          Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                          Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
                          Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
                          — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

What's a monitor III? Motorola only makes the Minitor series.
                            Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

I know my minitor 4 fits perfectly in the left leg pocket of a pair of carhardt jeans.
                              My wise and profound comments and opinions are mine alone and are in no way associated with any other individual or group.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X