Donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations

I am the EMS Captain for a recently formed Fire Department that will be serving the SW side of Tarrant County (Fort Worth, TX). We are in need of almost everything that you could think of, both fire and EMS equipment. Would anyone be interested in donating any type of equipment? Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and just put donations in the subject line so I don't delete it thinking it's spam.

Feel free to visit us on Facebook, Tarrant County Fire Rescue.

I'm an EMT out in central new jersey, but I'm not sure i could help with really donating (i'm low on the totem pole at my quad + we are on a total budget freeze) but i doo have a possible suggestion...

I fond this website via E-One apparatus and the story 4 apparaus contest.... http://www.bmfallc.com/index3.htm sells used apparatus and the occasional equipment. I know you guys are short funded, but some of these trucks (tankers, pumpers, etc) go for $5000, which may be obtainable via donations/grants.

wish the best, stay safe out there

Comment

Look local

Originally posted by dahlvig123 View Post
      I am the EMS Captain for a recently formed Fire Department that will be serving the SW side of Tarrant County (Fort Worth, TX). We are in need of almost everything that you could think of, both fire and EMS equipment. Would anyone be interested in donating any type of equipment? Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and just put donations in the subject line so I don't delete it thinking it's spam.

Feel free to visit us on Facebook, Tarrant County Fire Rescue.
      I think your best bet is to look locally. My dept. is coming up on it's 2nd anniversary. Yep! We're that new. We met with the local agencies and hit them with a great "show & tell". My department joined several groups here where departments get together and discuss issues, topics, ect. The area agencies took notice and saw that we were for real and here to stay, then the equipment donations started coming in. It was also very helpful for us that we had 2 people in particular who were very hard working at grants, meetings, ect.

The best advice I can give is to look at the surrounding agencies where you are. If you are needed enough and you'll be providing mutual aid support, then those agencies might be more inclined to donate equipment because they know that if you show up that you may have older equipment but it works. Also look at any organizations your department may belong to.

Comment

Have you considered being a part(substation) of near by existing departments ? Consolidation is the wave of the future. Like it or not -
        ?

Comment

If my department weren't hurting for money ( vol ) . We'd donate our old truck to you. It ain't pretty,but pumps like a champ.

Comment

Hey guys,
            Thanks for the advise and tips! I will check them all out. I haven't considered consolidating but I'll bring it up and see what they say. I love the story for apparatus contest, but came across it too late this year, will definately try for next year!

Tony, I know your department is hurting for funds but if you think you could donate the truck anyways that would be a great help for us, especially if it runs and pumps! We are currently in the process of restoring a 1976 Mack for our frontline apparatus. But I understand if you can't donate the truck.

We seriously need alot of stuff to get up and running, so even if you could donate and ship to us 25' of hose that's a big help!

Again thanks guys for the advise, and stay safe, everyone goes home!

Comment

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
              Have you considered being a part(substation) of near by existing departments ? Consolidation is the wave of the future. Like it or not -
              This posting relates to and confirms my new thread about consolidation. Thanks

One thing that a fire and rescue entity can do is to arrange a sort of 'meet and greet' social. What I mean is, Set up a small event where as you invite select members of your community who might be in a position to help. Have it at your location if possible. Lead a monologue where you can discuss and point out the problems that your department is expereiencing at the time and extend to the group your need for help. Be sure to go into detail what efforts you have made in the past and why you need their help; and why they need you.

At the very least you may be able to get help with a cash match for a grant application.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X