Physical Exam? Hearing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Exam? Hearing!

About 4 years ago I lost about 15 to 20% of my hearing in my left ear. I went to the doctors and went as far as a cat scan and they could never explain why it happened. Now it just rings and I assume its tinninitus (constant ringing). Does anyone know how the hearing test works and what a passing score might be.

I have done some research and was going to go get a physical from my doctor just in case the medical examiner says I’m not fit for duty. I have also spoke to an acupuncturist recently and she had had allot of success with tinninitus and acupuncture. Does anyone know if it will help to see a doctor for a 2nd opinion befor the exam. Most people have said it only matters if you have 50% or more but obviously i'm not sure.

Thanks for the advice.

I've had friends pass the physical and get on with percentage hearing loss from operating heavy equipment, truck drivers, laborers, etc. My city gives the hearing test and is mainly concerned because they want a baseline for when you started and if you have some hearing loss, they don't want to get stuck paying for it later. They want to cover their *** as always and document any loss you previously suffer to minimize workers comp claims. I don't know the percentage loss the guys had, one was pretty severe in his left ear.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X