Kettlebells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kettlebells

Just read Anthony Grokaitis' article on FH.com in relation to Kettlebells. I've heard of them, but have never used them in a workout. If one were to purchase these, would you purchase two of each weight? And if you have a limited budget, what sizes would you purchase initially?

I use them regularly. They are great for muscle endurance and stamina. My best friend has a business that sells them. I will get you some contact info and post it later.

blainedead

Comment

Alot of folks that are into "strength" training, as opposed to looking pretty in a mirror, have heard about and/or used kettlebells.
      After alot of research, the best I can come up with is that they are effective, in so much as any weight-lifting using "non-traditional" items will work muscle groups in a different manner. Look at the Strongman competitions- they build up overall body strength by lifting and moving objects that require more than just a single arm biceps curl (ie curls for girls )

You get the same principle by using a bigger diameter bar when lifting- try doing curls with a standard bar
      (ie 1 1/4"), then do it with a larger (ie 3" bar)http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/im-0055.html

Many of the "old-time" excercises, like lifting kegs of beer, lifting sandbags, etc, used this principle.
      Kettlebells do help wrist,forearm, and grip strength, all of which are drasticly lacking in most "bodybuilder" physiques. The old guys that could actually tear a phonebook in half didn't wax their chests. Get the picture?

So yes, Kettlebells will help to build strength.
      No, they are not the ultimate answer to building it.
      But they are part of a movement to return to the traditional view of strength, that has less to do with a gym with chrome weights and potted plants, and more to do with someone moving big pieces of iron and cement in a dark, dirty, smelly basement.

Good Luck

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X