workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workouts

does anybody know of any good resources for firefighter workouts. I currently workout around 4 days a week but don't really know a whole lot. I am in the military also so I sort of have to be fit. does anybody know about that firefighter workout, by that FDNY retired captain??? any help would be appreciated!!

Originally posted by cuevas623
    does anybody know of any good resources for firefighter workouts. I currently workout around 4 days a week but don't really know a whole lot. I am in the military also so I sort of have to be fit. does anybody know about that firefighter workout, by that FDNY retired captain??? any help would be appreciated!!
    i bought that book about a month ago, its not a book to buy if you want specific tips on training for the FD. its a good book if you know nothing about working out and you want a work out based on what firefighters do, but for someone in your position i wouldnt get it. the best part of the book for me was the diet material. it has 2 types of programs(broken down into 6 different routines), one designed for strength and one designed for cardio/endurance.
    basically if you need help with strength you do 3 days (i.e. mon, wed, fri) totally body workout with high weight low reps, then 2 days (tues, thurs) of cardio for 15-45 minutes (i do thirty of running comes out to about 3.5 miles) then 2 days rest. the cardio program is 3 days cardio and 2 days strength. The rest of the book basically covers how to do certain exercizes and stuff like that, its very basic, its not a book for candidates to train of off in my humble opinion.
    I'm personally strength training untill the written test, after the written test ill start endurance training muscularly and carido, then move to event specific training (where you do exercises in mock form of what is on the CPAT). Hope that helped

Comment

work out

drop me your email and I will send you the workout I submitted to the IAFF website for next month

Orlando GOmez
      PFT

Comment

Originally posted by ogomez
        drop me your email and I will send you the workout I submitted to the IAFF website for next month

Orlando GOmez
        PFT
        id like to see it if you dont mind.
        email = [email protected]

Comment

i would also like to see that workout. If you dont mind..
          email= [email protected]

Comment

Here is a link to the article

http://www.foodfit.com/iaff/default_issue20.asp

HAVE FUN

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions on build up cardio and HITT cardio and endurance training?

Comment

Hitt???

don't know what that is.

Cardio: interval workouts are great, use stairs or hills

Comment

Originally posted by ogomez View Post
                  don't know what that is.

Cardio: interval workouts are great, use stairs or hills
                  I am assuming this was supposed to be HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Programs like the ones listed here (http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=251run2) are examples of HIIT.

Comment

workout to iaff thanks alot

Originally posted by ogomez View Post

Orlando GOmez
                    PFT
                    Hey could i get a copy of that workout you submitted too thanks alot..

[email protected]

Comment

Ill take a copy of that workout please.
                      [email protected]

Comment

here it is

http://www.foodfit.com/iaff/articles/exercise.asp

Comment

One of my favorite excersizes is the farmers walk. I think this does ALOT. Its not an entire work out but just part of mine. I started with two 25 lbs. plates (the ones with handles on them) and with one in each hand I would walk 1/2 mile to 1 mile. I've worked up to 45 lbs. in each hand.

clipse
                          sigpic

Comment

Training ideas....

I would suggest super setting... working at high intensity... intervals... opposing muscle groups, or switching from one major muscle group to another.
                            Here are some ideas:
                            Pull ups and decline leg press. Start out low reps on the pull ups, and low weight and high reps (20) on the leg press. Go up in reps each time you do the pull up, and go up in weight and down in reps (by 2 each time). Start with 4 super sets, and work up to 8. Go back and forth without rest.
                            OR:
                            Warm up first. Put a weight vest on: start low and work up. Get on the step mill or eliptical trainer. Work for 2 minutes pretty hard. Get off and do 20 walking lunges. Get on the floor and do push ups (start with 10 of you need to). Add weight to the vest and start on the eliptical or step mill again. Go through 4 times at first, work up to 8 times through the circuit.
                            Also, look here:
                            http://www.fireagility.com/faq.php

Write me with questions! [email protected]

Dr. Jen
                            www.fireagility.com
                            Last edited by Drjmilus; 02-11-2007, 03:15 PM.
                            Dr. Jen
                            www.fireagility.com

Comment

Worht the $50 bucks

http://www.fireagility.com/cpat_events.php

I just spent the 50 bucks on this, and started t 3 weeks ago, and man what a difference already. Worth the money for sure.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X