X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFFRED
    replied
    Originally posted by firefighterbeau
    Did anyone else here read Mike Stefano's article about whether or not this is a wrong move for FDNY? In the article its like he supports the graded physical fitness tests, or maybe hes just bringing it up as a point to think about. I have taken ''graded'' physical fitness test and they are usually a bunch of crap, some lil scrawny runner comes in and blows everyone else out of the water. Just for the fact when these people get the chance to run they make up so much time. There is one dept that i will not test for until they go to a fair test WITHOUT a graded scale. what does everyone else think???
    I think you misunderstood his comments and I don't think what you have experienced in ND or wherever is similar to our Civil Service exams.

Basicly PK5343 summed it up nicely. The Dept is under pressure from the Justice Department because our civil service standards precluded anyone from manipulating the hiring and accepting certain canidates based solely on the color of their skin or what they have between their legs. Since they realized they can't manipulate the hiring outside of Civil Service standards...they essentially have changed the bar by which everyone is graded. The CPAT is a joke and a step down for us.

The only fair way to hire for this job is by Merit and Fitness and everyone is listed according to deserves the job more by proving they are better prepared and able to do this job. Previously that was done by a strenuous exam which separated the men from the boys...now with this joke of a CPAT everyone from the best physically conditioned...to the loaf of sh*t who just barely squeeked by will all recieve the same score and essentially be placed on the list according to how they did on the written which is also being manipulated so as to please racists who claim blacks can't compete with whites on a standardized exam which essentially determines if you paid attention in High School.

Our physical exam since the Early 1980s has been under attack by the liberal protected classes. And this is by far one of the most aggregious examples of the liberals placing their social engineering concepts before public safety.

We will have to see how the number of drop outs is affected by this. Should be interesting.

FTM-PTB

Leave a comment:

• PK5343
    replied
    All candidates taking the next FDNY test 1/20/07 will take the CPAT exam.

For the past several years all FDNY probies have taken the CPAT near the end of the academy, this would meet the 18 month NYS requirement.

I took the old FDNY physical and the CPAT. The reason many in the FDNY are upset about the dept adopting the CPAT is because the CPAT is a much easier physical test than the dept used to use. There was no opportunity to run in this test and you had to be in good shape.

The reason the FDNY is going to the CPAT is because they are trying to recruit more minorities and women. As a result they have lessened the college requirements and are changing the written and physical standards.

To anyone that is taking the test in January, study for the written, get in the gym and stay out of trouble and you will do fine.

Leave a comment:

• firefighterbeau
    replied
    Did anyone else here read Mike Stefano's article about whether or not this is a wrong move for FDNY? In the article its like he supports the graded physical fitness tests, or maybe hes just bringing it up as a point to think about. I have taken ''graded'' physical fitness test and they are usually a bunch of crap, some lil scrawny runner comes in and blows everyone else out of the water. Just for the fact when these people get the chance to run they make up so much time. There is one dept that i will not test for until they go to a fair test WITHOUT a graded scale. what does everyone else think???

Leave a comment:

• Fitguy51
    replied
    NYS law requires all career FF's to pass the CPAT within 18 months of being hired. FD's in my area wont hire you unless you have already passed it.

Leave a comment:

• JAFA62
    replied
    The C-Pat exam is now the excepted exam in Ontario Canada. It is by far the best exam for fire fighting testing. Its all fire fighting related and the written exam up here is the CPS. Which Im sure came from the US as so did the C- PAT. I cant answer for the FDNY test but if they did take it on this exam..
    Good for them. Its great. The funny part is I didnt take this exam to get my job I however took it later just to see what it was all about. If the FDNY has adopted it dont sweat it. STUDY and WORK OUT. If you fail then you were not to make it any way.

Leave a comment:

• BPFire1618
    started a topic FDNY Going CPAT?

FDNY Going CPAT?

After reading the article on Firehouse.com about FDNY going to the CPAT exam? I have a few questions: Will this be in effect for the group taking the test on Jan 20th, 2007? Also, if CPAT is a Pass/Fail exam, will the written exam be worth that much more to make up for the lost value of a number value score?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X