Preperation Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preperation Help

I'm considering buying a personalized program from Mike Stefano (firefightersworkout.com). But before I do so I want to make sure that it is realistic that I be ready for my CPAT in time. This past july I weighed 185 lbs at 5 feet 7.5 inches.(I'm a professional musician, fast food on the road over a year catches up)This is about 25 pounds overweight. Since then I started working out and getting back into my athletic shape (in highschool I was a soccer player and played on the Olympic Development team) I, like everyone else on the board, have wanted to be a firefighter my whole life, its in the blood. I now weigh 158, I run 2 miles everyday, and I goto the gym 6 days a week (3 days of lower body, 3 days of upper body, 7th day rest/just cardio). I'm filing for the FDNY and I expect that to be the first CPAT I take (I'm 19 so I'm just now entering the world of testing, but I have the old man and brother who've been thru it all) The written is set to be around Jan. 20th and judging from the stuff I read in the FDNY 06 thread, it takes about 8-9 months between the written and physical so that puts the physical around September 07. I would say I'm in average shape. With this program ( Ive read a lot of you guys have done it) and the given time frame, is it realistic that I can be ready for the CPAT? The only factor for me is I'm doing one last tour for a month, Oct 23rd- Nov23rd. I can take a stepper and resistance bands/dumbells so I dont see too much a conflict. Other than that I'm not restricted to much and my work ethic is in line. I just need someone to let me know if its in the cards. Thank you very much for your time.

oops, just delete this whole thread it was a repost.
    Last edited by patio87; 09-27-2006, 02:20 AM. Reason: repost

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X