Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Registry EMT

Hey Guys,

I'm preparing to take the National Registry Exam for EMT-B next week and was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom to bestow.

I''m wondering if there is anything I should look out for. Or if there are any good review books that I should get.

Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shook

I took the NREMT-I/85 and the NREMT-P and passed them both on the first attempt. This is my pretest tradition...
    Don't study anything the day of or the day before. If you've been studying and cramming your brain for months then use that last day before as a chance to rest. Get a lot of sleep the night before. Make sure you know vital sign ranges for all age groups. You can't adequately "diagnose" in the scenario-type questions unless you know what's normal or not, right? When you get there, relax. Take some deep breaths. At this point you've done all you could. This worked for me, though everyone is different. Hope it helps and good luck!

Comment

I have to agree do not study the day before (I prefer not to study for 2 to 3 days before the test). Know your vital signs! The most important thing to do is to read the question, then reread it, then attempt to answer it. Do not read anything into the question, take it for what its worth. I also used the trauma and medical assessments to help. Follow the order and you should be able arrive at the right answer. I have taken the EMT-B and EMT-I/85 test and passed both on the first try so it works for me. No matter what you do stay cool and relaxed don't get discouraged.

Comment

don't second guess yourself. Alot of people erase and go back and usually get the question wrong dont change the answer unless you are totally positive its the right one. I also agree with the not studying a day or two before if you dont know it you dont know it. Brain cant retain the information long enough to know it for the test. And i dont know if this works for you but it works for me i take a test at a quick pace it keeps me from reading too deep into the question and second guessing myself.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X