Processes WITHOUT Polygraphs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processes WITHOUT Polygraphs?

They're completely pseudoscience, and DO NOT tell if you're lying or not. Happen to accidentally move a finger or something after sitting completely still for 45 minutes? FAILED!

I've now been kicked out of two process for polygraphs, even though I was telling the absolute truth. One of those, I had a conditional offer (I know it's not much, but still).

So are there any processes outside of Miami-Dade that don't have polygraphs?

you might pay for a polygraph yourself and see how you do, If you fail, the examiner might be more open to tell you what is going on.

I do not hear that many people failing the poly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

When I was testing about 5 years ago, none of the big departments in the Northeast and Midwest (Philly, DC, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Indianapolis, St Louis, Chicago) were giving polygraphs. Same for the mid-sized departments in those regions (Allentown, Reading, York, Bethlehem, Chester PA, Wilmington DE). I mostly saw polygraphs at southern departments (up to about northern VA). I don't know much about the mountain states or west coast.
      Good luck man

Comment

Originally posted by jes82 View Post
        When I was testing about 5 years ago, none of the big departments in the Northeast and Midwest (Philly, DC, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Indianapolis, St Louis, Chicago) were giving polygraphs. Same for the mid-sized departments in those regions (Allentown, Reading, York, Bethlehem, Chester PA, Wilmington DE). I mostly saw polygraphs at southern departments (up to about northern VA). I don't know much about the mountain states or west coast.
        Good luck man
        Interesting. Although, while I didn't make it that far, I'm pretty sure this last Indy process had a polygraph.

Comment

Thats not true for Indy
          Last edited by Ar315; 04-07-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

On your original post you said "I know its not much, but still".....
            If you had a conditional offer that means you would have been hired if you passed the polygraph so in my opinion that is a very big deal.
            Need to figure out how to remain calm during that process.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X