Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Blood pressure question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood pressure question

So recently I had a doctors visit, and had a blood pressure of 128/68 and I'm 20 years old. And I was wondering what is the blood pressure cut off on med exams is? Since I do intend to pursue firefighting as a career. I workout 5-6 times a week and run a 7min mile and a 14:30min 2 mile so I'm working on getting my cardiovascular fitness up which I hope should help lower my BP.

Did the doctor indicate any problem or remedy?

Is this your normal???

Suggest even at your age have a heart doctor do a work up, with stress test and maybe nuc, just to make sure you have no problems, plus it gives you a base line to look back at.

Comment

He didn't indicate it was a problem I just noticed it when I was handed back my medical report. And I honestly haven't taken a blood pressure reading in awhile so I'm not sure if it's my normal BP or not. I do know in was in traffic and somewhat rushing to get to the appointment since I got off work later than I anticipated, so that may have been a factor in the higher systolic reading considering my diastolic was lower than 70
      Last edited by ANissan951; 05-18-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Your BP numbers should be OK. Base line is normally 120/80. 128 will not be a factor.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire ?Captain Bob? Articles here:

http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
        http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

Try to do Yoga as it lowers the blood pressure and helps to maintain the blood pressure. Yoga Asanas soothe the nerves and help slow down an abnormal heart rate.

Go with these Yoga ASANA

Shishuasana (Child Pose)
          Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
          Paschimottanasana (Forward Bend Pose)
          Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
          Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
          Ardha Matsyendrasana (Sitting Half Spinal Twist)
          Baddhakonasana (Bound Angle Pose)
          Janusirsasana (One-legged Forward Bend)
          Virasana (Hero Pose)
          Setu Bandhasana (Supported Bridge Pose)
          Ardha Halasana (Half Plough Pose)

Comment

These Gentlemen(or ladies) did a good job answering your questions, but I would like to put my two cents in as well.

The average blood pressure would be 120/80.

There is an actual range for blood pressure.

The Systolic(top number) range is from 90 to 140
            The Diastolic(bottom number) range is from 60 to 90

So your blood pressure, 128/68 is within the normal range.

Altho your blood pressure is in the normal range, your diastolic number is on the lower side and you should watch it.
            (remember, no one is perfect. we all cant have that 120/80)

I suggest you talk to your doctor about ways of getting that diastolic number up.

And as for the exam, you should be fine. I tried researching the cutoff but could not find anything useful. Your best bet would be to get that diastolic number up.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90