Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for fitness / exercise equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for fitness / exercise equipment?

Hi everyone,

If you had $6000-$7000 to purchase fitness and exercise equipment for your station, what would you get? Our small volunteer dept is looking at outfitting a fitness room and could use some guidance from other departments. Right now, we're definitely leaning towards a:
    - treadmill
    - recumbent bicycle (sit-down, not an upright bike)

Not sure if we should invest in an elliptical machine since we're most likely getting a treadmill and bike. Also not sure if we should purchase a home gym system (perhaps a bowflex or another system that uses plates like the Body Solid EXM1500S); OR should we instead look into a set of barbells and adjustable benches.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

~Skojo

Stair stepper.

Comment

Hey there, I'm a Certified Personal Trainer that works with Tactical Fitness (Police, Fire, EMS) in addition to other forms of training (Performance, Strength, Balance, Corrective Exercise, etc.). I will be more than happy to consult further, even helping to find good prices on equipment as well as training in its use. The following are essential, although I have other recommendations as well, some that may be inexpensive:

-Adjustable Bench
      -Incline Bench
      -Decline Bench
      -Squat Rack
      -Olympic Bar(s) with Quick Release Collars
      -Curling Bar
      -Kettlebell Set (paired, i.e. 2-10kg, 2-16kg, etc.)
      -Plyo Box (can be built with spare thick plywood)

Just reach out to me with any questions.

-FF/EMT Ed Kotwica, NASM-CPT, AKT, P90X Live! Pro Team member
      [email protected]
      https://www.facebook.com/EagleFitnessTraining
      @EagleFitTrain
      #EagleFT

Comment

Thanks Ed - I just sent you an email and would love to touch base with you. Purchasing fitness equipment is not my thing.

Comment

Concept 2 rowing machine.

Comment

Oh I think, I am on a good platform because this article information helpful for me. But I want to share something if you interested in biceps workout so I can tell about good bicep plan workout site https://workoutplan.org/biceps-workout/ and I am also using a site for a long time. Which causes My biceps are very healthy and in a good shape.

Comment

Having a home gym is a perfect alternative for saving money and time. I have bought for my own gym at home a yoga mat for fitness exercises, a suspension training kit, perfect for weight workouts, an indoor cycling bike, and the best treadmill for home use uk bought at the recommendation of my lovely friend Jamie. She is an expert in choosing a suitable treadmill. Because I have discovered that they are so different. Some for walking, running, some manual or electrics. On a treadmill, I was looking for the highest speed and the extension of having music.
              Last edited by HeatMac; 11-19-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X