Fire team practice test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire team practice test

I've seen these offered, would anyone recommend doing these practice tests?

My first time taking the test, I did not take the practice. I scored an 83 on the HR, 81 on Mech. 100's on Math/Reading.

Second time I took the test, I did take the practice test. I scored an 86 on HR and 82 on Mech. mid 90's on math/reading.

Did the practice help? I think so, especially on the interpersonal/video part.

Comment

It will help tremendously! =)
      now that I think about it. Is there any more material to study like what's offered on the fire team test website? Specifically in the Human relations portion.
      Last edited by Fireproof87; 08-22-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I took the test on Thursday. the pretest helped in the sense that you get a general idea of what the test questions are like but there's really nothing to study or any aid that will help you do better.

Comment

the pretest helped show the general layout of how the fireteam test went. other than that, it was totally different. I don't know why departments use the fireteam test. It's a dumb test that has no real world application.

Comment

I've taken the test quite a few times. Each time, my score gets a little better but I feel like I'm over thinking something. My lowest HR score was a 75 and my highest an 82. But to have a shot at getting hired in the dept I'm going for, I need at least an 86+. I understand the disclosure agreement, but has anyone tested with a certain mindset? For example, do you always side with being involved? Do you choose to stay out of problems if they don't concern you? We're you just blatantly honest? I've done as much research as I can think of and I just can't get my score high enough and I think it's because l over think it. Any help?
            Last edited by jarrod.galler; 10-06-2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

The practice tests for FireTEAM were really helpful for me. I'm glad I saved one practice test to take just before I went to take the real thing. Taking it the morning of the actual exam helped me a lot, especially on the HR and mechanical reasoning sections.

www.illinoisfirejobs.com
              Every entry-level firefighter job in Illinois. No fluff, no bull, entirely free

Comment

Took the fireteam again. Improved on mechanical. Video/reading/math? Identical scores to previous time I took it.

Comment

EDIT: found the answer to my own question
                  Last edited by Fireproof87; 01-01-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproof87 View Post
                    It will help tremendously! =)
                    now that I think about it. Is there any more material to study like what's offered on the fire team test website? Specifically in the Human relations portion.
                    This is a good question. Did you find anything that helped?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X