Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Workout routine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout routine!

Hello all I've come to seek out any workout guru that can comment on a workout that I have designed. I'm currently in my states fire academy and am trying to get into even better shape. I'm open to all suggestions and would love to hear ideas for firefighter specific workouts!

Workout. Forty five- sixty minutes. Excluding run.
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.
    All workouts include three dedicated sections, Weights, circuit and boxing, roughly twenty minutes per section with very limited breaks. Random pieces are added in and running can be switched out for circuit workout. Hang board and grip training are added in between workouts. Hikes, basketball, rock climbing etc should be performed whenever possible and can only be replaced with the workout day if the event falls on the same time you’d preform the workout.

Monday-Chest-Back.
    Chest
    • Dumbbell bench press 4x10-rotate with bench press 5x5
    • Dumbbell bench flies 4x10
    • Dumbbell pullover 4x12
    Back
    • Dumbbell back row 4x10
    • Dumbbell overhand row 4x10-rotate with overhand row 5x5
    • Dumbbell dead lifts 4x15- rotate with deadlift 3x6
    Circuit
    Marsoc shortcard.
    1. 30 Push Ups
    2. 30 Air Squats
    3. 30 Crunches
    4. 10 Burpees
    5. 10 Windmills (stretch/relax)
    6. 30 Push Ups
    7. 30 Mountain Climbers
    8. 30 Flutter Kicks
    9. 10 Burpees
    10. 10 Cherry Pickers (stretch/relax)
    11. 30 Push Ups
    12. 30 Star Jumpers
    13. 30 Back Extensions
    14. 10 Burpees
    15. 10 Chain Breakers (stretch/relax)
    16. 30 Push Ups
    17. 30 Lunges
    18. 30 Hello Dollies
    19. 10 Burpees
    20. 10 Trunk Twists (stretch/relax)
    21. 3 max sets of dead hang pull ups

Boxing
    Speedbag eight minutes
    Shadow box eight minutes

Wednesday-Legs-Abs.
    Legs
    • Goblet squat 4x12
    • Calf raise 4x15
    • Step up 3x8
    • Lunge 3x10
    Abs
    • Plank push up 3x20
    • Toe touch 2x10
    • Twisting plank 2x10
    • Dumbbell Crunch 3x8
    Circuit
    Hotshot workout- workouts performed till failure until rep goal is reached.
    1. Pushups 100 reps
    2. Flutterkicks 100 reps
    3. Bentover barbell rows 100 reps
    4. Barbell curl 50 reps
    5. Shoulder press 50 reps
    6. Burpees 50 reps
    7. Overhead squat 50 reps
    Boxing
    Heavy bag 40-40-40 five count
    Jump rope minute half five count

Friday-Shoulders-Triceps-Biceps
    Shoulders
    • Dumbbell overhead press 4x10 rotate with overhead press 5x5
    • Shrugs 4x12
    • Rear delt raise 3x10
    • Upright row 3x10
    Triceps
    • Tricep extension 4x12
    • Tricep kickback 4x12
    • Skullcrusher 3x12
    Biceps
    • Hammer curl 4x10
    • Concentration curl 3x8
    • Till failure 3 count
    Circuit
    Marsoc or hotshot
    Boxing
    Jump rope till failure
    Heavy bag till failure

Saturday
    Fire academy PT, either as a class or by myself. Involves a lot of functional moves: tire flips, tire throws, lunges with sand pipe, step up with bottles, ladder pushup, bear crawl.

I think youve got a pretty well rounded workout here. Only thing Id suggest adding is stairclimbing in your gear, SCBA, carrying a section of hose bundle (1 3/4 or 2 1/2). I do this at least 2 sometimes 3 days a week and I couple it with my leg day in the gym. So for example in the morning Ill climb and then at night Ill lift. It really helps you put a beating on your legs. The only other thing Id suggest is pay attention and listen to your body. Youve got a lot going on in this regiment and if you arent careful, you could easily get injured. And lastly do something EVERY SINGLE DAY. No days off. That doesnt mean train the same muscle groups days in a row, but do something every single day that makes you work and sweat. Do all of that and I think youre set.

Comment

Originally posted by TowerRescue View Post
      onAnd lastly do something EVERY SINGLE DAY. No days off.
      I would disagree with that. The body does need time to recover both physically and mentally. I workout 6 days a week as well, and I know my body needs that 7th day to recover and start fresh. As well if the poster is in a recruit class, he should take some time off to fully rest the body and mind. There are also Studies that show that not taking a rest day can have adverse negative affects.

All athletes take a day off, Even crossfit people have rest days. It's not a mark of shame.
      Co 11
      Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Comment

I have some exercises for punching harder here: https://martialartskills.com/how-to-punch-harder/
        Osoto Gari: major outer reaping throw

Comment

Our fire dept recently purchased some fitness gear and a book called Firefighter Functional Fitness. You should check out the book; might give some new ideas:

http://firefighterfunctionalfitness.com/merchandise/

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse