Paid on Call Physical Agility Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid on Call Physical Agility Test

Do any departments do a physical agility test for paid call or volunteer candidates? If so, what is involved?

Just depends on the department, but I would think most do. The all volunteer department I am on does do a physical test. We make candidates do a charged hose drag, spray some water, carry a high rise pack, hose hoist up about 2 floors, forcible entry simulation, and rescue dummy drag. The time limit is very generous for us, but times requirement may vary. You can look up CPAT and get a good idea of what you can see.

Best advice is to get with the department you are interested in and just ask a firefighter there or an officer that might know the specifics.

Comment

I am one of our Paid-On Call/Part Time FF's and we had to do a Run during a certain amount of time, push ups, pull ups, etc.

The whole agility test though is about to change and I am not sure what the new one is going to be like.
      Brian Irey

My comments are mine and mine alone - they do not represent any thoughts or views of my department or anyone else

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X