Hearing Loss Eligibilty??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing Loss Eligibilty??

I am currently a Govt. employee. On my base, here in Utah, they do a program where they provide online and on-site training for individuals wanting to become DOD Firefighters. I have hearing loss in one ear, about 60% I told the Fire Chief when I was enrolling and he acted like it was no bit deal, but the more I research the more strict it seems most places are on hearing loss. Can anyone give me anymore information.? I start in two weeks and I hate to invest the time and energy in training for something that will never happen. Thanks

Depends on if DOD has any specific requirements. For most departments, as long as you can pass a general physical its not an issue that even arrises. Do you wear a hearing aid?
    Fire Service Interview questions - The blog that has REAL interview questions for firefighters, Engineers, Lieutenants, and Captains !

Comment

Originally posted by JT_Fire_2000 View Post
      Depends on if DOD has any specific requirements. For most departments, as long as you can pass a general physical its not an issue that even arrises. Do you wear a hearing aid?
      No Sir,

I can hear and understand perfectly in normal conversations, even in loud events. I believe the other ear takes over for the deficient ear. Though I do know a hearing test is required.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X