Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chenzo
    replied
    If I remember correctly, in Wisconsin they made OPs a requirement to get your FF1 certificate.
    I can't remember 100% though... Dickey? Fyred? Can either of you back me up or correct me?

Leave a comment:

• BennyT373
    replied
    I believe the new NFPA 1001 Firefighter 1 is a course combined of FF1, Haz-Mat Ops, and First Aid CPR. In WV this has been the new curriculum. ALL courses must be completed before receiving credit for ANY of them.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by CCFD1414 View Post
    Is Haz-Mat required for FF1?
    In the Commonwealth of Virginia and also by the NPFA standards it is.

Leave a comment:

• JJR512
    replied
    When I first read this question, I interpreted it a bit differently than it seems those who have replied so far have. My interpretation was this was asking whether HazMat was a prerequisite for Firefighter I. I could be wrong. But to address that specific issue, I can only say that in Maryland, Firefighter I has no prerequisites at all, period. However, some counties (if not all) have specified that in order for a person to function as a firefighter, that person must also have taken a HazMat course. Some may still only require Awareness, I'm not sure; my county requires Operations.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Axe
    replied
    Originally posted by CCFD1414 View Post
    Awareness and Ops are required in Washington State

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    In NJ, Hazmat Awareness and Hazmat Operations are part of the FFI curriculum. In a nutshell, you learn to recognize a need to find the orange book and then you learn to open the book, read a section, and call a Hazmat team. You also learn some basic Decon procedures.

Not anywhere near enough, in my opinion, to be of any valid use.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    AFAIK, FFI still only requires HazMat Awareness level training as part of the NFPA standard. It depends what your jurisdiction uses to define "FFI."

Leave a comment:

• CCFD1414
    started a topic Haz-Mat and FF1

Haz-Mat and FF1

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader