Cert Tranfers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cert Tranfers.....

Hey everyone, I'm a volunteer firefighter in Colorado. I'm thinking about moving back to California to persue a future career position. I was wondering if anyone knows if FF1 or EMT Basic are transferable from state-to-state. Specifically Colorado to California. I want to first try and get on as a volunteer possibly in Riverside. Anyone know if these certs will still be valid?

I didn't know anyone was coming to California from Colorado. I thought it was a one-way ticket to the promised land. You will probably get a good deal on a moving van.

Most of your certs will NOT transfer over. The exception will be EMT, if you are nationally registered. You may have to go through Riverside County to recertify. I would encourage you to call one of the private ambulances and tell them you would like to go to work for them. I believe AMR is one of the bigger companies. They could tell you the ropes of what you need to do.

Make your NUMBER ONE priority to get through a basic fire academy. You will be much more marketable with an academy under your belt.

Also, make sure you apply with LA City fire department. They are hiring 1,000 new firefighters in the next four years. Yes, I did say 1,000 new firefighters.

Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola