How hard is the FF 1&2 exam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is the FF 1&2 exam?

I'm taking my exam on Saturday and I was just wondering how hard some of you thought it was, so I'd have an idea of what to expect tomarrow. Wish me luck.
    thanks

Originally posted by firechic911 View Post
    I'm taking my exam on Saturday and I was just wondering how hard some of you thought it was, so I'd have an idea of what to expect tomarrow. Wish me luck.
    thanks
    If you stayed awake in class and were reasonably attentive, you should do okay. Studying the course materials helps, too.

Don't overstudy. You might want to review the material tonight but don't get crazy. If you don't know it by now, you aren't going to learn it by tomorrow.

Just read each of the questions question carefully and don't read anything into them. Don't answer until you read all the options, and then choose the best answer from the options given. If you don't know, rule out as many wrong answers as you can before you guess from whatever is left.

If you get hung up on a question, pass it by. Sometimes another question later on will remind you of the correct answer. You can return to the questions you passed after you've finished with the rest.

Last but not least, if you aren't sure about an answer never change your first instinct answer unless you are absolutely positive that it was wrong or that you misread the question. Your gut response is usually right.

Good luck!
    Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 02-02-2007, 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
    sigpic
    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

That's kind of hard to answer since we don't know where you are...FF-I & FF-II mean different things in different states.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsnyder View Post
        That's kind of hard to answer since we don't know where you are...FF-I & FF-II mean different things in different states.
        Indiana. NFPA 1001 standard FF I & II.
        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
        sigpic
        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

In WI there are 1000 possible questions and a computer randomly picks 100. I just bought a study guide with sample tests and kept taking those. It helped a lot and I walked out knowing I did well. I got like an 81 and needed 70.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
            If you stayed awake in class and were reasonably attentive, you should do okay. Studying the course materials helps, too.

Don't overstudy. You might want to review the material tonight but don't get crazy. If you don't know it by now, you aren't going to learn it by tomorrow.

Just read each of the questions question carefully and don't read anything into them. Don't answer until you read all the options, and then choose the best answer from the options given. If you don't know, rule out as many wrong answers as you can before you guess from whatever is left.

If you get hung up on a question, pass it by. Sometimes another question later on will remind you of the correct answer. You can return to the questions you passed after you've finished with the rest.

Last but not least, if you aren't sure about an answer never change your first instinct answer unless you are absolutely positive that it was wrong or that you misread the question. Your gut response is usually right.

Good luck!
            I couldn't have put it any better.

That is the best advice you can get for a multiple choice test.

The only things I can add is to make absolutely sure that if you skip a question so that you can go back to it later, skip it on the answer sheet as well!
            Periodically, check to make sure the question # and the answer # are the same.

Also, answer every question. Even if you have no idea what the answer is, at least you'll have a 25% chance of guessing the correct answer.

Good luck!
            Kevin
            Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
            IAFF Local 2339
            K of C 4th Degree
            "LEATHER FOREVER"
            Member I.A.C.O.J.
            http://www.tfdfire.com/
            "Fir na tine"

Comment

I just took mine in Dec. It wasnt that bad at all, got a 91 and change... We went through old tests over and over and the majority of the state/class questions were on the previous tests. We had pilot questions on our test that were there seemingly incorporated to throw us off track. If there is one that you think WTF? It is probably the same thing.
              Someone said in an earlier post... if you dont know it by now then you will not know it by tomorrow... so true.
              In TX we have the test broken into sub categories and have to pass each of the 4 to obtain IFSAC seals or a 70 overall to pass the test. Good luck to you and post how you did!

Comment

I'm done!!!!!

Thanks you guys! I won't get my test scores back for about 2 weeks, but I think I did really well. We were given 3 hrs, and I finished in about 1. There were only 2 questions I wasn't sure about. I'll keep you updated on how I did. And thanks again for your advice, it was a major help.

Comment

Congrats! Please keep us posted...
                  Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                  IAFF Local 2339
                  K of C 4th Degree
                  "LEATHER FOREVER"
                  Member I.A.C.O.J.
                  http://www.tfdfire.com/
                  "Fir na tine"

Comment

sounds good!

Good job firechic, let us know how it turned out, but it sounds like you aced it!
                    Amy

Comment

!!!!!!!!! I passed with an 88 !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X