Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyingRon
    replied
    The definitive text is the Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets. This is the basis for a lot of EMT-P courses. She also has an EMT-A version called "Emergency Medical Treatment". You can find used copies of either on Amazon and probably in local college bookstores.

Leave a comment:

• Bluespicker
    started a topic EMT books to read before getting on?

EMT books to read before getting on?

I found out recently that I made it through the hiring process and will start with my local fire department in the very near future.

For the past few months, in addition to running alot, I've been reading and studying "Fire Officer's Guide to Tactics," as a way to familarize myself with the techniques and terminology of the fire service. I think this will give me a bit of a leg-up in the fire academy, instead of going in not knowing anything.

I was wondering if there were a similar book that could be used the same way in regards to the EMS side of things. I'd like something that's relativily easy to read and comprehend, unlike most of the study guides I've read in book stores. I don't really need anything too technical, just something that will familarize me with some of the medical terms and principles.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X