Firefighter/EMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefighter/EMT

I completed my FF1 and am currently working on my EMT-B. If I applied for a Firefighter/EMT position, or in the future a Firefighter/Paramedic position, do I still get to fight fires? Or would I only be on the ambulance? Thanks.

Clark, that would probably depend on the department that you get on. Do they run an ambulance staffed by FF/EMT's, FF/Medics ? My department hasn't run an ambulance since the mid 90's, but when we did, it was staffed by 2 FF/EMT-B's, which were usually newer guys. They worked it on a rotation so the same guys weren't always stuck on the bus. Now, all of our guys are FF/EMT-B, but we respond along with an ALS ambulance which is run by a non-profit organization. Our primary function is as firefighers. Most departments have their personnel certified as FF/EMT, or FF/Paramedic because they also run alot of medical calls, just not necessarily on an ambulance.

Comment

Thanks, I got it all cleared up with one of my EMT teachers tonight. Appreciate the response though.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X