No announcement yet.

Clicks in the Firehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have clicks in our department too, they are not major however. everybody gets along and nobody really hates eachother except for a few people who almost everybody has a dislike for.

Comment

I would say my dept. is probably split in two groups. One group consists of the 4 paid people who are the officers and a few of their chosen favorites. They see themselves as the key personnel and the hardest workers. They complain non-stop about the second group. The second group consists of the rest of us and we complain about the other group because they are always complaining about something or looking for some reason to gripe at us. Each group gossips about the other group all the time. It gets old but I've belonged to 3 different volunteer departments in my days and it wasn't much different in the other two. However it never seems to get in the way of getting the job done and that is what is important.
      S.Davis
      EMT-B/FF1/ARFF

Comment

Not only but also

There are another group that gets confused with the "clicks/cliques"--these are the "Empire Builders"

This little lot start off in a cliquish way (usually with management tacit aproval see below)then as they get bigger they usurp the status quo and do a takeover--now you have two factions at loggerheads.

This is known as the divide and conquer method--used a lot by management to keep everyone in a state of flux--this is a very affective tool.

Cynical-moi? Never!

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
          I believe the word you are looking for is "clique", not "click".

Clique ...

Click ...
          And then you have guys like this....which is the group I usually belong to.....SMART-ASSES and KNOW-IT-ALLS!!!

LOL! Just pokin' at ya Calgary!............

Comment

Sadly, our department has clique's as well. Just the same as high school college and everywhere else.

1. The Good Ole Boys
            2. The Get A Lifers (some of #1 are in #2)
            3. The rest of us, including me.

My view is simple. When the tones go off you show up and do your job. Sucking up just ticks me off and "living" at the station means you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Comment

My department also experiences a division among the members, but it isn't really a clique. It has more to do with the fact that our department has two substations, and that most people will group together with the other members who run at their substation.

I absolutely hate it. I feel that we are all one department and need to act as such. Members get upset over not being able to be the first due truck in their area, even when they don't have enough manpower to man the truck in the first place. It causes alot of tension between all the members, even those of us that don't fall into these substation "cliques".

Comment

Originally posted by BrianB35 View Post
                Sadly, our department has clique's as well. Just the same as high school college and everywhere else.

1. The Good Ole Boys
                2. The Get A Lifers (some of #1 are in #2)
                3. The rest of us, including me.

My view is simple. When the tones go off you show up and do your job. Sucking up just ticks me off and "living" at the station means you need to re-evaluate your priorities.
                Brian, same in our station. It's sad but true. When I first joined, I couldn't wait for the pager to go off but then realized after my first year, show up, do your job, learn, and go home safely.

My friend recently joined and he thinks we get calls everyday. I don't know what to do to help him other than let him experience it himself as I did.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X