Whats up everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up everyone?

My name is Mitch Eckhardt, I live in Waco Texas. I'm currently up for a position as a voluteer firefighter. I'm really excited, I hope they vote me in. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do when I present myself in the upcoming meeting please feel free to let me know.

I'm married to a woman named Alethea. I play lots of video games, and I love all kinds of movies, I have an extreme passion for baseball and hockey, I'm a Red Sox and Jersey Devils fan. I work full time at my local Home Depot, it's a temporary gig just to pay the bills while my wife finishes college. My goal for becoming a volunteer firefighter is to find out if I really have what it takes to handle a stressful position like that. I also really like to help my local community in any way I can. If I enjoy being a volunteer I may actually make a career out of it, but ultimately my goal is to obtain a bachelor's degree in History and teach high school kids, but I can do that when I'm old. I wanna try something like this while I'm young, I'm 21 years old by the way. Anyway thanks for reading and I hope you all have some nice tips on how I should present myself to my local fire department, the meeting is on November 7, 2006. Wish me luck.

Hey Mitch. I can understand your exictment I was just voted into our department last Thursday. If they are voting on you then I assume you have been attending meetings and other functions for a while now. I have been attending meetings for the past two months and even helped out with their soup and salad dinner.

As for presenting yourself, if you have been attending meetings and hanging out with the guys then I wouldn't worry about how you present yourself at the vote. They all know you by now and will either give you a yea or a nay.

Good luck with the vote and enjoy your time as a FF.

Chriss

Comment

Mitch,

First off, good luck. Man, are you in for a ride
      If it was me, I would keep it short and sweet. You definitely sound motivated. Introduce yourself, tell them your wife's name, why you want to be a member of their team (i.e. want to help out the community), and tell them that you are really looking forward to the opportunity to help out any way you can. Then, when they hopefully accept you, keep your eyes and ears open and learn what you can from everyone you can. Trust me, it'll be a blast. Good luck

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X