Ouch !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch !

Well , I recently took my first Fire Exam...... I had been practicing using material for Fire Exams , I thought I did well , but my test result was a 60%.......OUCH.....man , HOW BAD WAS THAT ?

Do I have a ton more studying to do , or I am maybe not sharp enough for this ?

The test I took needed 81% or better to go to oral interview....NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Very bummed.

:>(
    " Don't play with Fire and you Won't get Burned "

It was your first test don't get discouraged. Just go back and try to figure out what oyu did wrong, did you have any areas where you struggled? Once you know what you need to improve on start studying that stuff like crazy so you'll be ready for the next test. I sugguest that you check out don mcnea's encyclopedia of firefighting exams, that book has some great info in it. Whatever you do keep testing, not every fd test is the same you might excel on one test and suck on the other test, it really just depeds on what your strengths are.

Comment

Originally posted by Golzy12
      not every fd test is the same you might excel on one test and suck on the other test, it really just depeds on what your strengths are.
      Ain't that the truth! The first department I tested for had all personality based questions. Did terrible. The next three were more concrete answer-type questions (pulley, gears, memory, math, english, mechanics, etc.), 96, 95, and 100. They were apparently the type of tests that I am more comfortable with. A buddy of mine totally bombed when he tested for a county wide dept in his area. They told him that he had the wrong personality for firefighting and to give up. 6 months later, he was taking hydrants in Portland.

Don't give up on the first try. Get a job that will pay the bills, prepare a little more, and keep testing. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Golzy12
        It was your first test don't get discouraged. Just go back and try to figure out what oyu did wrong, did you have any areas where you struggled? Once you know what you need to improve on start studying that stuff like crazy so you'll be ready for the next test. I sugguest that you check out don mcnea's encyclopedia of firefighting exams, that book has some great info in it. Whatever you do keep testing, not every fd test is the same you might excel on one test and suck on the other test, it really just depeds on what your strengths are.
        Thank you for your thoughts. I recently purchased the Don Mcnea's Fire exam prep and I felt it helped a lot. The prep came with 9 passages , and then the sample test.....it was great practice.

When I got the prep , I knew right away I needed help in the math dept. Been 20 years since I took math in school, caculators have been a great tool for years.........lol

I felt I smoked the rest of the Fire exam I took, I am sure I bombed on the math portion.

How much do you think 20 questions , give or take , weigh on a fire exam ?

man , I am very frustrated...so now I think I may need to take a math class next semester when I take my Anatomy.......

Which leads to another question.....

Anybody have any recommendations for a good Paramedic program ?

I have ben considering NCTI......any thoughts ?
        " Don't play with Fire and you Won't get Burned "

Comment

I had something similar. I took two tests (different places) from the same company. I got a 78.5 (sux but passing) on one and a 70.1 on the other (not even close to passing).

Maybe just hit the basics and try to retest sometime. The psych stuff can be screwy
          I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X