X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipeman3179
    replied
    Originally posted by gabegrenade View Post
    Yo. So im going to take the next F.D.N.Y physical in 2011 and i know its a while away but i wanna be prepared. First of all: How long is the run, and what time do you need to get to pass? Also. If anyone could reply with any other info and tips with the f.d.n.y physical id appreciate it. i dnt even know what is going to be on the physical
    -thanx

whats your list number?

Leave a comment:

• gabegrenade
    replied
    Physical

Yo. So im going to take the next F.D.N.Y physical in 2011 and i know its a while away but i wanna be prepared. First of all: How long is the run, and what time do you need to get to pass? Also. If anyone could reply with any other info and tips with the f.d.n.y physical id appreciate it. i dnt even know what is going to be on the physical
    -thanx

Leave a comment:

• BMAIGM
    replied
    cpat

not sure when. but i believe the city will be using the state cpat as the physical exam for hiring. if thats the case, sit on the couch and eat donuts all day, thats about all the training you'll need. it is a stretch calling it a physical exam. for those that do want it, train your *** off just in case, and because you should anyway. current proby class had a few slugs that couldn't make the run......to the front gate! for those who aren't familiar with the rock, its maybe 150 yards.

so train, do your cardio, build your legs and shoulders and you'll be an all star.

Leave a comment:

• Mello951
    replied
    The letter they sent says you can download the study material at nyc.gov/fdny I went to the site but cant find the study material. Anyone find it?

Leave a comment:

• Schwaa
    replied
    "ADMISSION CARD: You should receive an admission card in the mail about 10 days before the date of the test. If you do not receive an admission atleast 4 days before the test date, you must go to the Examining Service Section, 1 Centre Street, 14th floor, Manhattan, to obtain a duplicate card."

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...irefighter.pdf

I hope you have read that at least once....

Leave a comment:

• lancerftbll
    replied
    have any of you who are going to take the test get you exam card thing yet or is that coming out closer to the test date? im just worried cause im from california and they might have just thrown my application for the exam out

Leave a comment:

• pipeman3179
    replied
    its FDNY, I think it will be a little heavier than a NH Dept.

Leave a comment:

• CaptDon
    replied
    does anyone have the link to the FDNY physical test. i want to see what it involves (events and time wise). I took the NH one already and passed it fine, i want to know how different from that it is to see what im up against and to see how much harder i have to train for

Leave a comment:

• jonnyirons
    replied
    Ok, here is the deal. When I took the test in 99, they did have firefighting equipment on the test in the form of an scba question. The new test is gonna be darrell, jerome, tyrone and Jethro are on the 1 train. What train are they on? Know pythagorean theory. That was a question, but if you know geometry it was easy, it was one of the triplets, if you dont know what that means, go do a search of pythagorean triplets, they are triangles that always have the same numbers, like a 3 4 5 triangle, aSquared plus bSquared= cSquared so 3x3=9 4x4=16 so the hypotaneuos = 25 or 5. They integrated this into a question about ladders, cause they told you that the angle was 60 degrees which is not a climbing angle! But dont quote me on that. And as for the physical, if you have any balls youll get a 100% on it. Girls that are tiny pass it so... Dont be a pussy!

Leave a comment:

• pipeman3179
    replied
    physicals hard, but not a huge deal.
    Last edited by pipeman3179; 09-23-2008, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VinnieB
    replied
    Just remember....the written is cake.....the Physical...will beat you...unless you train VERY VERY hard for it.

Leave a comment:

• Schwaa
    replied
    Originally posted by VinnieB
    Math.....Yeah there is some questions.....they go like this:

1+1=

a)2
    b)1
    c)100
    D)none of the above

Really.....I kid you not

May i use a life line? I'd like to call a friend...

Thanks for the info

Leave a comment:

• NYSmokey
    replied
    Originally posted by VinnieB

1+1=

a)2
    b)1
    c)100
    D)none of the above

Really.....I kid you not

The key to the test is a good nights rest....eat well the night before and that morning. Stay calm....and think straight. There are usually a few questions that if not read completely...will trip you up. Read the question....and ALL the answers before commiting to one.
    Good stuff Vinnie

Leave a comment:

• VinnieB
    replied

1+1=

a)2
    b)1
    c)100
    D)none of the above

Really.....I kid you not

The key to the test is a good nights rest....eat well the night before and that morning. Stay calm....and think straight. There are usually a few questions that if not read completely...will trip you up. Read the question....and ALL the answers before commiting to one.

Leave a comment:

• pipeman3179
    replied
    theres no math on the promotional and im almost positive its the same as OC
    Last edited by pipeman3179; 01-02-2008, 01:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X