Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fdny prep course for test

Hey all,
    I just wanted to know what the story was with the fdny test coming up in January. Has anybody had any experience with the prep courses they offer? How do you prepare for the test? Would love some feedback.

memorization is the hardest part like ive said before, just work on that and basic common sense is all you need.
    Last edited by pipeman3179; 01-02-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

okay man, now i have an answer for you. Go to your nearest book store... barnes and noble or whatever, maybe even a library. then get this book to start. "Norman Halls Firefighter Exam Preparation Book
      Last edited by pipeman3179; 01-02-2008, 01:44 AM.

Comment

What about Free practice tests online?

Are there tests Online you can take for free without downloading anything?

Comment

hardest part is memorization dude
          Last edited by pipeman3179; 01-02-2008, 01:42 AM.

Comment

If you can read and write without drooling on yourself or others....you can pass the FDNY written. If you get anything less than a 95%....you may need to repeat school....from the 1st grade..........true story.

Just venting...anyway....the toughest part of the test for most is the first part, where you have to memorize a picture....but that might change by the time you take the test. The rest of the test is cake.

Good Luck to you.

ps....the test has ZERO firefighter tactics or operations questions. Its reading comprehension, decision making, problem solving, and direction questions.
            Last edited by VinnieB; 09-17-2006, 11:45 AM.
            IACOJ Member

Comment

Q: does the FDNY written include ANY type of mathematics and if it does, what area is it based in?

I'm pretty darn good at comprehension and plain common sense :-), but not so good in that silly number stuff.

Comment

theres no math on the promotional and im almost positive its the same as OC
                Last edited by pipeman3179; 01-02-2008, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Math.....Yeah there is some questions.....they go like this:

1+1=

a)2
                  b)1
                  c)100
                  D)none of the above

Really.....I kid you not

The key to the test is a good nights rest....eat well the night before and that morning. Stay calm....and think straight. There are usually a few questions that if not read completely...will trip you up. Read the question....and ALL the answers before commiting to one.
                  IACOJ Member

Comment

Originally posted by VinnieB

1+1=

a)2
                    b)1
                    c)100
                    D)none of the above

Really.....I kid you not

The key to the test is a good nights rest....eat well the night before and that morning. Stay calm....and think straight. There are usually a few questions that if not read completely...will trip you up. Read the question....and ALL the answers before commiting to one.
                    Good stuff Vinnie
                    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

Originally posted by VinnieB

1+1=

a)2
                      b)1
                      c)100
                      D)none of the above

Really.....I kid you not

May i use a life line? I'd like to call a friend...

Thanks for the info

Comment

Just remember....the written is cake.....the Physical...will beat you...unless you train VERY VERY hard for it.
                        IACOJ Member

Comment

physicals hard, but not a huge deal.
                          Last edited by pipeman3179; 09-23-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Ok, here is the deal. When I took the test in 99, they did have firefighting equipment on the test in the form of an scba question. The new test is gonna be darrell, jerome, tyrone and Jethro are on the 1 train. What train are they on? Know pythagorean theory. That was a question, but if you know geometry it was easy, it was one of the triplets, if you dont know what that means, go do a search of pythagorean triplets, they are triangles that always have the same numbers, like a 3 4 5 triangle, aSquared plus bSquared= cSquared so 3x3=9 4x4=16 so the hypotaneuos = 25 or 5. They integrated this into a question about ladders, cause they told you that the angle was 60 degrees which is not a climbing angle! But dont quote me on that. And as for the physical, if you have any balls youll get a 100% on it. Girls that are tiny pass it so... Dont be a pussy!

Comment

does anyone have the link to the FDNY physical test. i want to see what it involves (events and time wise). I took the NH one already and passed it fine, i want to know how different from that it is to see what im up against and to see how much harder i have to train for

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X