Orals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orals

I'm sory to post this again, I'm sure it has been beat into the ground.
    I have an oral coming up, I'm very nervous but have been preparing by looking at a few example questions and also researching the department i am testing for. Does anyone have any further advice or somewhere to look for some very good help? Any help is truly appreciated!

http://www.eatstress.com/
    You do not NEED to sign up for any of Capt. Bob's services if you do not wish to. There is a ton of good information posted for free on his site if you look through it. After using some of his free hints if you think you would benefit from his services then by all means go for it.

Good luck with the interview.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Comment

Hey Bj, what department are you testing for. I just had my oral interview tody and I have some questions in mind.

Comment

Not sure how much time you have before your interview, but if you have enough time to, pick up Lepore's book "Smoke Your Firefighter Interview" ( or somethin like that)

Know everything about the department you are applying for (and info about the municipality also such as mayors name, etc). Hall locations, apparatus, number of personnel on each and the coverage areas. Know about the special areas of concern in the department's coverage area. Know the organizational chart, and all things unique to the functioning of this specific department.

If you haven't done so yet, you'd best get your arse into a few of the firehalls and ask for a hall tour (bring muffins, donuts or ice cream). Ask as many questions as you can get away with. Lots of good info about the department can come from the guys on the floor. And quite frankly, if you don't have the motivation to even visit a hall or two at the department you claim to want to work for.... you're in deep doo doo.

Above all else, be confident, forthright and attentive. Sell yourself like you mean it.

Good Luck

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X