Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Flashlight Comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight Comparison

Hey y'all, i am looking for a 90degree flashligh, pelican big ed, streamlight survivor, Bright Star DIV 1, any other flashlights that you all recomend (sorry if this thread is elsewhere, i searched for it and looked, but couldn't find it, feel free to post a link or whatnot to the other thread)

can someone give insight on eachones, which ones are the best, worst, pros/cons...

thanks!!!

Survivor

The survivor is the proven winner - big investment- but i would go with it- almost everyone has them. On my vol dept all of us except one guy use the survivor. That said, the others are probably fine too - maybe just not as rugged.

Comment

wow, i searched again and a lot came up, sorry, you all can add additional comments about other brands or just disregard...thanks!

Comment

Have you tired out the Big Ed?

Comment

Have you tired out the Big Ed?

http://www.cases4less.com/detail_pelican_pel-3700.html

http://www.copquest.com/15-1300.htm

http://www.pelican-case.com/3750.html

http://www.pelican-cases-flashlights...flashlight.htm

They make a few different models of this flashlight. You can get the rechargable battery or the one that only takes 4C batteries.

Comment

streamlight survivor is what are department use. They have proven themselves time and time again. I have only used the big ed a couple of times so I can't form a good opinion on that yet.
            "Train as if your life depends on it"
            Always Remember *343*

Comment

do any of those two lights have the option of rechargeable AND akaline (c or d size)...i know the Responder light (kohler/brightstar) does...which is a nice advantage...

Comment

No i dont think so on the survivor.

But hell I only charge mine once a month and it only takes an hour
                Always Remember *343*

Comment

Hey mikie, have you worn one on your chest before? Maybe before you invest you should borrow one and try it out. I personally hate the 90 degree chest lights. They are a pain in the *** when you are crawling and they are always in the way of your scba straps. I gave mine away. Just my thoughts on them.
                  I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF
                    Hey mikie, have you worn one on your chest before? Maybe before you invest you should borrow one and try it out. I personally hate the 90 degree chest lights. They are a pain in the *** when you are crawling and they are always in the way of your scba straps. I gave mine away. Just my thoughts on them.
                    I usually wear one when I'm the control man and will possibly end up at the standpipe...otherwise Nozzle, Back-up or Doorman I usually just use the trusty garritty light.

FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by FFFRED
                      I usually wear one when I'm the control man and will possibly end up at the standpipe...otherwise Nozzle, Back-up or Doorman I usually just use the trusty garritty light.

FTM-PTB
                      Likewise....on Control and Door I carry a trukie light as well......that one I end up leaving on by a door.

As for the survivor light.....I turned mine upside down.....so the beam is not in your face when crawling......
                      IACOJ Member

Comment

I always wear the big box light (truckie light). Unless I'm in the engine, then I wear the 90 degree survivor light! The larger truckie light seems to get in the way when you have the line on the same side of your body as the light! I know some guys that when they are on the inside team they were the 90 degree light, but if they have the ROOF or OV they use the larger box light!

Comment

I am curious on how they get in the way when crawling? I have mine attached with the velcro wrap and the clip goes through another pice on the coat. Its is relatively tight against my gear. Aybe its a difference in how our gear is set up??

Anyway, I too use a garrity on my helmet, and because I work on a quint(I know what you are thinking and I am not a fan of them myself) sometimes we act as a trcuk company so if I am not going to be on a hose line, I hook a litebox on my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by ehs7554
                            I am curious on how they get in the way when crawling? I have mine attached with the velcro wrap and the clip goes through another pice on the coat. Its is relatively tight against my gear. Aybe its a difference in how our gear is set up??
                            The new coats have the same set up here with the strap and hook, but it still seemed to get in the way all the time. Maybe I'm just not coordinated enough to put up with it! The old coats dont have anywhere to attach it and thats what I wear most of the time so it's not an issue anymore. I just don't like too much stuff hanging off of me. I have a small handlight hanging on my belt and thats all I want.
                            I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

The new coats have the same set up here with the strap and hook, but it still seemed to get in the way all the time. Maybe I'm just not coordinated enough to put up with it! The old coats dont have anywhere to attach it and thats what I wear most of the time so it's not an issue anymore. I just don't like too much stuff hanging off of me. I have a small handlight hanging on my belt and thats all I want.
                              your worried about the flashlight getting in the way but you always carry that damn 8lb door wedge
                              Always Remember *343*

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90