Crossing State Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing State Lines

My question is, If I obtain FF1 in PA is that recognized like in another state if I so choose to move somewhere else and seek a job. If it FF1 doesn't cross state lines I will still probably work to take the test because in the end it will make me look better on a resume.

- Thank You In Advance,
    Dillon K.
    - Apprentice Firefighter at Polk Township Volunteer Fire Company in Monroe County, PA

Is this an IFSAC/Pro-Board Fire I certificate? if it is, many states do offer reciprocity (but not all.) You need to contact whichever state you are considering to see if they offer reciprocity to your certificate, IFSAC/Pro-Board or not.

"Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

How can just taking a test make you look better on a resume? Where do you add that?

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
      http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

Originally posted by CaptBob View Post
        How can just taking a test make you look better on a resume? Where do you add that?
        Usually on an application they ask if you have any Fire Service Experience and for any Certificates you may have (i.e. FF1)
        - Apprentice Firefighter at Polk Township Volunteer Fire Company in Monroe County, PA

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X