Helmets: Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Highschoolvolunteer View Post
    I ended up getting my clarification from someone 'NFPA does not exist in this department'.. lol okay then... I will try and keep with it, but I will probably end up with something along the lines of a New Yorker or something...
    Let me be brutally blunt, and if you can't handle that I suggest you stop reading at this point and continue to live in fantasy land.

NFPA is a standards making organization and whether you like it or not it is commonly used in litigation whether or not your fire department chooses to say things like "NFPA does not exist in this department." Ignorance of the standards or choosing to pretend they do not apply to you or your departmentis not a viable defense. It surely didn't work for Alan Baird when he chose to completely ignore NFPA 1403.

The part so many refuse to accept is even if your state or fire department hasn't adopted these standards a sharp attorney will use them against you. Personally, I couldn't begin to pretend to care less what you wear for a helmet, but flippantly ignoring standards doesn't make you look cool, or tough, or avant garde. It makes you look foolish. Especially if you are counting on things like insurance coverage if you are injured.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

I have a lion/conway American classic. It's fiberglass. I personally like the look of leathers but I don't have the money. I love my helmet though. One piece of advice I will add, is that if you get goggles for your helmet, Don't get bourkes. I did and it is a pain in the *** trying to put my goggles on my face with the bourkes. I bought my helmet here:

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/pr...Shield-Holder/

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X