Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Question for the day.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dumb Question for the day.

    The trucks that have the fire commander system. Where are the controls for the relief valve ? Does the FC control that ?

  • #2
    Not a good first question
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

    Comment


    • #3
      I didn't ask if you thought it was a good question or not...

      Comment


      • #4
        WOW. A response like that sure won't get you the response that you really are looking for. After all, your title does say "Dumb Question for the day" If I were you, I would rethink how you respond to these guys. These guys are very well respected on here, so show them some respect.
        Last edited by FF14; 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mgaines View Post
          The trucks that have the fire commander system. Where are the controls for the relief valve ? Does the FC control that ?
          This is a pressure governor type system. There is no relief valve the pump is controlled by a "computer" in one of 2 modes, RPM, or PSI. In RPM the system works to maintain engine RPM in response to incoming and outgoing water flow fluctuations. In PSI the system works to maintain an overall pump discharge pressure in response to incoming and outgoing water flow fluctuations.
          Crazy, but that's how it goes
          Millions of people living as foes
          Maybe it's not too late
          To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

          Comment


          • #6
            Apparently mgaines got his feelings hurt and hasn't been back for the answer to his question.
            Last edited by FyredUp; 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM.
            Crazy, but that's how it goes
            Millions of people living as foes
            Maybe it's not too late
            To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah so it would appear. After I read the first couple posts I decided he wasn't very interested in actually learning something so I just lurked to see what happened next.

              Comment


              • #8
                I would like to apologize to mgaines if I hurt your feelings. That was not my intentions. I have been raised to show respect to my elders and to me your response to fire49 came off as disrespectful. To everyone else, was my response appropriate or did it come off as rude? I do not intend to offend anyone, so I would like to know. Thanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I laughed personally. I agreed with you.. I jut got out of my probationary yr and if i would have responded like that.. I don't think I would have been accepted by the guys let alone get any respect from them.. And my yr would have been hell!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FF14 View Post
                    I would like to apologize to mgaines if I hurt your feelings. That was not my intentions. I have been raised to show respect to my elders and to me your response to fire49 came off as disrespectful. To everyone else, was my response appropriate or did it come off as rude? I do not intend to offend anyone, so I would like to know. Thanks.
                    I generally go through my day consumed by a purple-burning rage. Your post did not further enrage me at all.
                    At the wrong moment during the day 49's post may have brought on a twitch but that would be it.
                    The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
                    There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
                    Captain Dave LeBlanc

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by conrad427 View Post
                      I generally go through my day consumed by a purple-burning rage. Your post did not further enrage me at all.
                      I'm glad I didn't enrage you further...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mgaines View Post
                        I didn't ask if you thought it was a good question or not...
                        You must a frigging know it all ROOKIE!
                        Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                        Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am currently trying to get on with my dream department (SJFD)! By showing the firefighters respect, I have earned their respect and a lot of them have become my mentors. You have to show respect in order to get respect. At least, that is what I've been taught. I am not a firefighter (yet!), but showing respect is common sense.

                          Comment

                          300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                          Collapse

                          Upper 300x250

                          Collapse

                          Taboola

                          Collapse

                          Leader

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X