Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Training Division ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Division ?

Has anyone here used TD or an online fire class? I am ready to sign up for one of the online academy for FF1 and 2. I am curious if anyone else has attended one?
    I know there are pros and cons to them but im only interested in feedback from anyone that has taken one of the courses.
    I have been hired by a local dept as an EMT ambulance driver and red shirt. I work full time and work at the firestation for one 24 hour shift every week and attend training when i can. I am set to retire from my career in about 11 months and want to have my FF 1 and 2 done in between now and then. My current job will not allow me or should i say the boss will not let me adjust my schedule to take one of the courses at the local college so i must do this on my own time and take the skills part during a vacation period.
    So if there is anyone out there that has info on this subject please respond, would love to talk about it.
    Take care and be safer.
    JD

Are you in Texas??

Training div is a great group to train with

It has been used by many people

Have not heard anything bad about them
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

no im in Arizona, i like what i see in the TD program other than the cost. but i guess we pay for convenience as well.

Comment

Yep

Good school

Comment

Hey Livin,

I went thru TD for my FF 1 and 2. All I can say is that it was a great experience. Excellent instructors, excellent atmosphere, nice quarters, just all around good people. I lived in Ohio at the time and flew to DFW for the 2 week boot camp. It was simply fantastic. Then, I got hired on a part time dept in Ohio within a month of graduating and then got an offer in Texas on a full time dept within 3 months.

They're well respected and you'll be successful if you put the necessary time in. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions!
          Pete

Comment

So, you do all your book work online correct? Do you have written exams during this time or do you do them at the boot camp? Also, you come out with a Texas certification with an IFSAC seal correct? Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by 8truckie3 View Post
              So, you do all your book work online correct? Do you have written exams during this time or do you do them at the boot camp? Also, you come out with a Texas certification with an IFSAC seal correct? Thanks..
              First: Yes, you do all your book work and quizzes online. Then, when you go to boot camp, you do skills and classroom. The classroom portion consists of more tests (everyday) that verify that you weren't cheating on your online quizzes and prove that you at least read the material.

If they don't feel you know your stuff, they'll send you home and you attend another boot camp down the road.

Lastly, after the 2 weeks is up, you take the state exam which covers FF 1, 2, Hazmat Awareness, and Ops. And, since Tx is an IFSAC state, if you score high enough (90's in all 4 portions) you can get your IFSAC symbols also.

It's the best set up I've come across. I wouldn't be a full time FF without TD. It truly was the best money I've ever spent!
              Pete

Comment

Thanks for the info. They do a lot of hands on stuff during the 2 wk boot camp to prepare for the practical test?..

Comment

Oh yea how long does it take before you go to the boot camp?

Comment

Not to hijack the topic, but what about their EMT program?

Comment

Originally posted by 8truckie3 View Post
                      Oh yea how long does it take before you go to the boot camp?
                      That depends. If you buckle down and focus, you could probably go to an earlier bootcamp than you're assigned to. I think yhe average is like 4-6 months. Some took longer, some go sooner. Personally, I enrolled at the beginning of August 08 and attended bootcamp in mid-November 08.

So, it just depends on you, primarily.

Comment

Originally posted by CGITCH View Post
                        Not to hijack the topic, but what about their EMT program?
                        Not sure. But it's accredited and you sit for the NR once you're done. That's all I know.

Comment

I know someone that did emt with no ff or medical background and passed

Check thier pass rate on dshs.sta
                          te.tx.us
                          Last edited by fire49; 05-04-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

12/09 to 11/10

Training Division.com 228 78 (178/228) 88 (200/228)

December 1, 2008 to November 30, 2009

Training Division.com 247 83 (204/247) 89 (219/247)

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/emstraum...tryNumbers.pdf

Comment

Thanks for all the information. I got signed up and my book actually arrived today. I just finished up with EMT -B here in AZ. Im pretty excited as i have talked to alot of the FF here that took the local college ff1 & 2. TD sounds like its way above the college course.
                              Cant wait to get knee deep. My "boot camp." is in August. Texas in August LOL I went to Basic training in August in Oklahoma, i remember the humidity sux.
                              Again thanks for all the info and congrats on your position in Texas. and as always, "be safer."
                              JD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X