HOBET Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOBET Advice

I joined Milwaukee FD's Academy in July, graduated to the field in November. I ended up at a slower house, we average 4-6 calls a day, and I've seen about a half-dozen fires in my time there, though only 2-3 were good fires. Considering that our department does 80% EMS runs, and I'm in this for the long haul, I've decided to enter the Paramedic program. Much as I want to fight fire, it just seems the opportunities aren't there, and after a few years as a med I should be able to write back to an engine and hopefully go for some promotional exams.

Anyway, I need to take a HOBET test in 2 1/2 weeks and am wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should prepare for it. It seems every site I look at wants me to send them money for any assistance, and I'd rather get some kind of idea of where I could look that's actually useful before I lay down any cash. Has anyone here taken one, or have any advice on how best to study for it?

Well, if you make it to the all seeing eye's mountain and throw the ring in the fire you pass the HOBET test.............

But seriously now, a belated congrats on graduating recruit school and unfortunately I can't help you, I just couldn't resist the joke. Good luck to you though.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 04-07-2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X