Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

first tour starting Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JayDudley
    replied
    Rookie

Just a word of advice......be careful what you say or ask. With today's technology i.e. Facebook and Web Sites like this , your comments could bite you in the rear during dinner. Good luck and remember....."First in and last out."

Leave a comment:

• rjjmbfd
    replied
    All previous advice is right on. Also, as station cook for over 10 years I also know the value of a good, affordable meal. Find a couple of good recipes and step up the next time a cook is needed.

Leave a comment:

• DFurtman
    replied
    Hope you guys are safe up there in Los Alamos..

-Damien

Leave a comment:

• 24DFD08
    replied
    Read this book if you are a rookie or probie.

A Dallas firefighter / paramedic just published a book about succeeding during your rookie years. It is the only one like it. Many cover applying or interviewing, but this is the only one that helps you once you are on the job. It covers everything, has tremendous detail and is a must read for newbies everywhere.
    Good luck! Stay safe.
    Last edited by webteam; 06-28-2011, 11:11 AM. Reason: advertisement

Leave a comment:

• Robert_Scholes
    replied
    why wait untill next tour, go back there and study your apparatus. Just a hint in what helped me with HFD, take pictures , make a book of your pumper or truck. you will be amazed if you just study the pics how fast you pick up. Also just dont learn the tools learn how big each compartment is, learn your generator on there who makes it what voltage? learn the pump what type of pump is it, learn the engine and transmission. Learn these now you will be a good E/O when its time to ride up after probie time . Learn them, Those type of skills will make you either a good firefighter or just the average firefighter!

Leave a comment:

• cmoconnell
    replied
    Hey boys! My tour went well. It was very hectic and a lot to absorb! my crew is very helpful and willing to give any pointers I ask for. I am glad to get a few days off, but kinda wish I was going through the trucks learning where everything is and how to operate everything correctly! hope the next tour allows time for more truck and map studying! Thanks to all!

Leave a comment:

• BSFD184
    replied
    Good luck and congrats!

Like was said earlier, learn everything you can. Study the trucks, learn where every tool is located, learn the equipment, study your map book, do drills, practice your knots, practice with your SCBA till you can do everything you need to with gloves on in the dark.

DON'T just sit down and start watching t.v.

Also always make sure there is a fresh pot of coffee

Leave a comment:

• truckedup133
    replied
    Let us know how it went...

Leave a comment:

• truckedup133
    replied
    I made a rule as a probie that unless I was told to, I wouldnt set down in a recliner until after 9pm. Stayed busy cleaning, making coffee, going over tools/trucks, asking questions, studying maps, etc. Now if everyone is sitting chatting at the table ok, but otherwise no. Like in the morning when everyone is catching up at the table, try staying in the room but dont set down. Clean up, do dishes and stay right on top of the coffee. Things like that will make your year go easy. After a while they will start to slow you down and let you hang out more. After you earn it.

Leave a comment:

• cmoconnell
    replied
    Thanks! I appreciate the words of advice! have any good ideas for meals? BTW, it is a great department. These guys have their heads on straight from what I saw and learned in the academy!

Leave a comment:

• jtucker1384
    replied
    Look's like a pretty good department from what I can see online. Good luck on your first shift stay alert and listen to whatever your captain say's you will do fine. Keep your ears open and learn as much as you can from the veteran's. Hope all goes well keep us posted on how the first shift goes.

Leave a comment:

• cmoconnell
    replied
    Thanks! I work for Los Alamos Fire Dept. in New Mexico

Leave a comment:

• jtucker1384
    replied
    Where do you work at and congrats.

Leave a comment:

• cmoconnell
    started a topic first tour starting Wednesday

first tour starting Wednesday

Hey boys!
    I go to shift Wednesday and would like to hear some advice in any form. Thanks for the help in advance!

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X