Brush pants sizing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brush pants sizing?

Im buying a pair of brush pants online and im not quite sure what size i need. I usually wear a 36/32 but the only size that they have available right now is a 36/30...will these be too short on me or do they run long/big?

size

Size does matter in this case. You need to get 32's if thats what you wear as you need the coverage.

Been there done that....
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Thank you Jay, I should clarify though as I know certain areas have different terms for these pants. These arent the kind I will be wearing for wildland. These are the kind of brush pants Ill be wearing while working on the side of the interstate or throwing on in the station at 3 AM before we run an EMS call. I think there also known as bunker pants?

Comment

Why are you buying bunker gear online ? Dont you have a dealer in your area?
        ?

Comment

Cheaper. And I do not get another allowance til next July.

Comment

Pants

They should still be to length. By bunker pants do you mean turn-out type pants??? If you do then you need the length to be safe.
            Respectfully,
            Jay Dudley
            Retired Fire
            Background Investigator
            IACOJ-Member
            Lifetime Member CSFA
            IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Originally posted by JayDudley View Post
              They should still be to length. By bunker pants do you mean turn-out type pants??? If you do then you need the length to be safe.
              As what the Chief said, but you don't want too long as they will "wick" on you.

I wear 42x32 street trousers. I wear 46x30 turnout trousers. Why the larger waist. I may have my street trousers on, most the case I do, when I put the turnouts on. Like wise my dress coat is a 46 but my turnout coat is a 52. Turnout sand trousers shouldn't fit like a glove. You need room to work and move around in. By the way I wear a 12 boot and extra large glove.

Best thing is to try on these items and not buy over the internet unless they have a iron clad return policy in your favor!!

Comment

Size

It's funny because you are the same size as myself. The wick effect is a problem but not in this case. I worn them my entire career and never had any problems and neither will you. Good luck...
                Respectfully,
                Jay Dudley
                Retired Fire
                Background Investigator
                IACOJ-Member
                Lifetime Member CSFA
                IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse