Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFRI Firefighter 1

Hi y'all.
    I'm an (semi-new) EMT-b about to branch out into fire/rescue as well. I'm currently at college in Maryland, and was planning to take Firefighter 1 through the local MFRI center. However, I'm originally from PA, and was wondering if my Maryland FF will carry over and be recognized in Pennsylvania.

Thanks for your help

Contact Bob Rose at MFRI and ask but all MD certs are either IFSAC or Pro-Board. I believe PA is a Pro-Board state so it should be ok.
    Thank you to the brave men and women of our great military, past, present and future for allowing my right to express my opinion and my opinion only, not representation of any company I may work for.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks a lot

Comment

Another word of advice for you as someone going through the rigmarole of certification equivalency and reciprocity for various things. Make sure you actually get all your certificates for everything you do. Make copies of them, do not let your department or school keep the only copy. And even better, scan them and keep them saved as PDF files. When it comes time to apply for reciprocity or equivalency in another state, you can hit print and have all the certs you need
        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

As nmfire said make copies.

Better yet in Virginia, the Virginia Department of Fire Programs gives the student the original certificate. Make several copies for files at the fire department, administration, training, company level.

You keep the original!
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse