X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelwash
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
    Am I reading this correct? Did you get a testing date for Austin?
    Richardson..

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    Thanks!
    I had been searching the forum and found that site, I'm signed up for December 2 at 1PM to test. I'm glad tomorrow is Monday, can start making some calls.
    Am I reading this correct? Did you get a testing date for Austin?

Leave a comment:

• Wheelwash
    replied
    Originally posted by fire49 View Post
    When a department only requires a high school diploma, you have just as much chance as the next person

Check the city of Richardson

Get your emt paramedic preferred

Check this web site weekly

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/employment.asp
    Thanks!
    I had been searching the forum and found that site, I'm signed up for December 2 at 1PM to test. I'm glad tomorrow is Monday, can start making some calls.

Leave a comment:

• fire49
    replied
    When a department only requires a high school diploma, you have just as much chance as the next person

Check the city of Richardson

Get your emt paramedic preferred

Check this web site weekly

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/employment.asp

Leave a comment:

• Wheelwash
    started a topic Austin Fire Department

Austin Fire Department

This is my first post here, just found this site this morning and have been reading and the more I read the more confused I feel!
    My name is Kevin, I live in Corpus Christi, Texas and I graduated from high school in May. I don't have an relevant certifications that would make me competitive other than a few basic college credits I got through dual-credit classes in high school. I am very interested in becoming a firefighter and would really like to stay in Texas. I have noticed that a test date for the Austin department is coming up in December. I have filled out a potential recruit question form from which they hopefully will contact me further.

I guess my main question is, am I completely out of line thinking I could get into this academy or any without certifications?

Also, any firefighters out there in Texas that might have some leads?

And last, should I stay focused on finding opportunities in Texas or are there departments in other states that I would have a better chance with?

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X