Austin Fire Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Fire Department

This is my first post here, just found this site this morning and have been reading and the more I read the more confused I feel!
    My name is Kevin, I live in Corpus Christi, Texas and I graduated from high school in May. I don't have an relevant certifications that would make me competitive other than a few basic college credits I got through dual-credit classes in high school. I am very interested in becoming a firefighter and would really like to stay in Texas. I have noticed that a test date for the Austin department is coming up in December. I have filled out a potential recruit question form from which they hopefully will contact me further.

I guess my main question is, am I completely out of line thinking I could get into this academy or any without certifications?

Also, any firefighters out there in Texas that might have some leads?

And last, should I stay focused on finding opportunities in Texas or are there departments in other states that I would have a better chance with?

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

When a department only requires a high school diploma, you have just as much chance as the next person

Check the city of Richardson

Get your emt paramedic preferred

Check this web site weekly

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/employment.asp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
      When a department only requires a high school diploma, you have just as much chance as the next person

Check the city of Richardson

Get your emt paramedic preferred

Check this web site weekly

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/employment.asp
      Thanks!
      I had been searching the forum and found that site, I'm signed up for December 2 at 1PM to test. I'm glad tomorrow is Monday, can start making some calls.

Comment

Thanks!
        I had been searching the forum and found that site, I'm signed up for December 2 at 1PM to test. I'm glad tomorrow is Monday, can start making some calls.
        Am I reading this correct? Did you get a testing date for Austin?
        "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
          Am I reading this correct? Did you get a testing date for Austin?
          Richardson..

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X