No announcement yet.

City of Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the smaller departments in CA? How's the competition with those? The more I think about it, you might need CA cert to work with a small department, so maybe I could move out there and work somewhere and go to an academy?

Comment

Lots of FDs in CA have lateral entry programs. Most require an NREMTP card and 2-3 years full time experience. You'll likely find yourself be competing against 20 guys for 10 jobs, so the odds are much better than the regular recruit test (of course, it varies with the agency). San Fransisco, Oakland, Sacramento and lots of other agencies take laterals from time to time. Most of these places hire people from other states, and do no require a CA ff cert (you'll get that in the academy anyway).

Comment

LAFD and some advice

I have an Uncle, 2 cousins and numerous friends that currently work for LAFD. They all love it. Very large Department, easy to get lost in...... My Uncle has told me how he'll work O.T. at a Station with a crew and met somebody new to him and ask how long he/she has been there and the usually is around 5-10 years...... As far as smaller Departments go, they can be less competitive but most will usually have higher qualifications. I know mine does.

My advice, test...... Let them tell you "no." We also have some Volunteer Departments here and that may be another option.
        "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X