FDNY List # 2043

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letters

Im freaking out i havent recieved my letter and i live in suffolk ny. Does anyone have there letter in suffolk. where do you live

Comment

• Good luck to the probies starting the 26th!

Get ready for a cast of characters like you've never seen...

Kanoobs, you are almost definetly in for the fall - could be Sept, or it could be Nov.

Paperwork is a long day, but DON'T BRING a newspaper!!!

Comment

• Thanks father pierce for the heads up and say a prayer for all of us starting on the 26th!

Comment

• Originally posted by FatherPierce View Post
          Kanoobs, you are almost definetly in for the fall - could be Sept, or it could be Nov.
          Thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope you're right!!!!

Best of luck to all this month! The adventure is just begining...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kanoobs View Post
            Thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope you're right!!!!

Best of luck to all this month! The adventure is just begining...
            This is what I heard but u never know what is truth and what is not. THis class in March will reach in the 3,800s. The next class will not be until at the earliest October 2007 and it will be a bit smaller containing about 200 - 250. So you figure if this current class uses up to 3,800, and they have a class of 200 for October, they will use up about 400 more names making everyone up until around 4,200 - 4,300 game for the October/ Fall class. But take it for what it is, just news, its all just news until it is posted on the officially website.
            Let me know what everyonelse hears.

Comment

• And where did this information come from because the New York Times stated a class of 300 in the Fall.

Also, it appears that this class reached about 3900 and that changes the ratio BIG time. So even if they only take 200 in the fall, they will go through more than 400 and hopefully close to 600 names.

Comment

• where to live

I just recieved my letter, I'm in the upper 36--. I'm from the west, so where does everyone live? Married, a newborn, prefer a house, but what's affordable in NY?

Comment

• Originally posted by montylnc View Post
                  I just recieved my letter, I'm in the upper 36--. I'm from the west, so where does everyone live? Married, a newborn, prefer a house, but what's affordable in NY?
                  Where from the west are your from? I hope you got your pennies saved up unless you plan to live in the ghetto! I myself am from Staten Island (anyone wanna car pool?) and it probably is the most affordable borough in the area unless your looking for something very cheap like the ghetto! Cheapest youll find in staten island is 650-700 and thats a studio for 1 person with no furniture! Manhattan is very expensive and depending on where ur looking in brooklyn/bronx/queens, your probably looking more towards the 1000-1500 range! Staten Island you could find a 2 bedroom rental not including utilities for about 1200 so like I said, hope you have your pennies saved cause what we start off at the academy wont get you a place out here on its own, again Good luck to you and your family!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kanoobs View Post
                    Wow, more packets still? They MUST think they're going to reach a great deal higher. If they get into the 3800's this time around it's still another thousand names away!! WOW, What date do you guys have to come in for the packet turn in?
                    Recieved my packet last week. #49xx. Interview is April 12.

Comment

• I'm from AZ. I have some cash on hand for rent and such. It is a really big pay cut, considering the cost of living. If I can sell my house and get things in line, I can make it. Does anyone know if turning the spot down and reinstating for the next academy work? Or are you tossed?

Comment

• You can look to rent in areas of the Bronx that aren't too bad - Woodlawn, Throggs Neck, Riverdale.... or you could probably afford a house in one of the upstate counties (Orange would probably be your best bet). But living up there while in the academy can be a long ride everyday... I believe you can defer for almost any reason... but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Comment

• Ya see monty, the big problem here is that the next class will probably be the 2nd to last if not the last class from this current list! They plan on only putting in 2 classes a yr and for the most part, it is very competative and may be a strong possibility they waive your spot in the following class if you decide to turn this class down! I would call your investigator and further discuss it with them as all you will get from us at this post is our own ideas on what they will or not do for this situation. Dont take advice from anyone except your investigator cause they will have the RIGHT answer not us so, call them. You could try The head of candidate investigation. Her name is Marge Prather, her number is 718-999-2216. She honestly will give you MORE answers than your own investigator will. Godd luck with the whole process, maybe ill see you at the ROCK in 2 weeks!

List # 34**

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to figure out a place to live. What parts of Staten Island are alright? I've never been there. Is the commute a killer from the southern parts? Are the upper parts a ghetto? I'm not so picky at this point, since I need residency this week!

Comment

• Does anyone know what the number for the automated system is? I know it is not usually up to date. I am just trying to get things in line in case they call me for the fall class. List # 42XX.

p.s. CID's recording states they reached list number 3992 as of March 11.

Thanks
                              Last edited by abcdefg; 03-11-2007, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• 19FDNY77, you said: "it is very competative and may be a strong possibility they waive your spot in the following class if you decide to turn this class down!" Where the hell are you getting this information from? has anyone suggested to you that you can't defer?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X