FDNY List # 2043

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY List # 2043

The current FDNY thread is getting a little crowded with chatter about the new test and the next list.

Here's one just for 2043:

Into the 4200s with Med/Psych dates

Who has new updates and news? Has anyone's employers recieved reference checks?

Originally posted by Kanoobs View Post
    The current FDNY thread is getting a little crowded with chatter about the new test and the next list.

Here's one just for 2043:

Into the 4200s with Med/Psych dates

Who has new updates and news? Has anyone's employers recieved reference checks?
    I was thinking the same thing. recieved my dates too. hopefully we will get into the class after march.

Comment

I'm done everything and just waiting for them to call my number. low 3200's

Comment

33##'s here. looks like everything is a go for the march class. last i heard is March 5 and they're looking to put in 300 people. It's gonna be a big class hopefully. after this last class they put in, the ratios look like they'll be back to 1:2/3 so maybe they'll get up to the 3600 range give or take a few.

START RUNNING! RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN. make sure you can do your pull-ups/sit-ups/push-ups for the first day! don't be that guy that goes on remedial for something stupid. from what i've been told you DON'T wanna be on remedial...especially for an extra 5 weeks now! march is going to be 18 weeks...then the class after that will be 23...then the one after that a 26 week academy! Hope to get into the soonest one!

best of luck to ALL!

Comment

Any idea what they are adding into the class to make it 18 weeks?

Comment

From what i hear there is a high-rise class being put in. I don't know how true that is though.

Comment

No real idea what they're going to be adding, but there is a lot of speculation. Codes classes, enforcement and some people have said EMT, but that unlikely.

All in all it doesn't really matter to me. It's all a means to an end. They can make the academy a year for all I care, just get me there.

Comment

No real idea what they're going to be adding, but there is a lot of speculation. Codes classes, enforcement and some people have said EMT, but that unlikely.

All in all it doesn't really matter to me. It's all a means to an end. They can make the academy a year for all I care, just get me there.
                AMEN, BROTHA.

Comment

42xx Here. No med or psych yet. Does anyone have any idea as to when I MIGHT get called for the med/psych?

Good luck men.
                  Keep the faith.

Comment

This is off the official FDNY home page:

Future Probationary Firefighter Classes (subject to change)

March 2007
                    Eligible will come from Firefighter Lists #2043, #0532, #4532.

Comment

Originally posted by abcdefg View Post
                      42xx Here. No med or psych yet. Does anyone have any idea as to when I MIGHT get called for the med/psych?

Good luck men.
                      Keep the faith.

with the way they've been hammering people into their offices figure within a month or two after this march class goes in. good luck!

Comment

You guys aren't EMTs? Does the FDNY do First Responder runs?

- Fixer

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer View Post
                          You guys aren't EMTs? Does the FDNY do First Responder runs?

- Fixer
                          Since about the mid 90s(it was gradual boro by boro and call type) the job has been doing CFR-D runs(certified first responder-Defib). We are trained only to the CFR-D level.

FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by FFFRED View Post
                            Since about the mid 90s(it was gradual boro by boro and call type) the job has been doing CFR-D runs(certified first responder-Defib). We are trained only to the CFR-D level.

FTM-PTB
                            CFR-D is enough for me, i would hope to think they plan on keeping FDNY a real fire department.

Comment

A "real" fire department, haha. What? You don't want to be a firefighter/paramedic?

Me niether!!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X