First Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSaundersFF wrote:

4. What have you done to prepare for this position?
    I have prepared mentally and physically for this career. I have spent so much energy and time coming to the conclusion that firefighting is what my lifes work will be. I considered many paths to obtaining this goal . Contimued education, volunteer firefighting , military service and other related occupations just to get a taste of my dream.

When I had no doubt in my mind that firefighting was my passion I weighed 320 lbs. I knew that was not someting that was acceptable or practical in the fire service. I finally had my motivation to right my wrongs. In the course of the next 8 months I lost 75 lbs. I copleted my physical agilty test on october 20 exactly 8 months after I started my new lifestyle.
    I have conslutled with many resources to obtain the knolwedge necessary to jumpstarting my career in the fire service . I have prepared in every way that I can think of to pursue this dream.

First I wouldn't bring up the weight. It's common for firefighters to put on weight during their career and this might cause doubt your weight will return plus.

A better approach to this question is:

Start with your education and keep it in chronological order. Then your experience in order. End with those things you can tie your name to. Things where you were part of a team, took something from inception to end or were part of a committee that established a procedure or skill.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
    http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

meh. I bombed. My hope is shredded right now. I was nervous despite the tape recorder practice, and they threw me for a loop with a math test which some of that stuff I havent seen since high school. I dunno. I answered the questions well but I didnt have the confidence I thought I would have. Looks like another year of heartache ...
      sigpic

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X