FDNY Hire after 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY Hire after 9/11

This still may be a sensetive topic, but I respectfully request the help of FDNY guys, more specifically those guys who were hired after 9/11. I am doing a little research for a report on post 9/11 Fire Depts.

For those of you who were hired after 9/11:
    What was the hiring process like? Anything different than a normal process? Were you rushed through training to fill in the gaps (I don't mean that disrespectfully)

What was the working environment like?

Do you think you were treated any better or worse than guys hired before 9/11? Was more/less expected from you.

Also, if you have any stories or any other info you want to share about growing up in post 9/11 FDNY (funny, sad, inspirational, dangerous, "so there i was", anything) please share.

thanks for the help, i'll post my report when it is complete.

I'm sure they where all put through same process because lack of training which the FDNY is not known for causes LODD's, and i'm sure the guys in the firehouse would make up and assist with any deffiencys some new guys may come in with. Because whether they have been there 20 days or 20 years no one wants to carry that casket.
    Last edited by BFDPerez; 01-05-2007, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Yea I agree. From what I hear, the training at FDNY's academy is intense. I'm sure they did a great job training the probies.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X